Page 1 of 1
Posted: 04 Oct 2006, 06:14
APM
I know it can't climb if it rams straight into a wall, and I'v noticed that it goes vertical when bumping its side into a wall, but I can't get it to climb walls. Any help? I'm planning on naming the track Wall Climber Challange, I was expecting the Stone Wheel to hang to the wall at one point by having cars go atop a pipe. Then player Stone Wheels would bump into a wall right before a drop. They would ride the side of the wall until they came to a corner, and, remembering that they can't just go up the side of a wall, I decided to stop there to expiriment whether it would go up that. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get onto the wall in the first place. My main question, first, is how exactly the Stone Wheel can climb walls.
P.S. The track is double sized and the space to grab the wall is 2 units, but right after a downhill pipe section.

Posted: 04 Oct 2006, 09:16
zagames
The Stone Wheel can only drive on walls when it has force pushing it against the wall. If you go at the wall diagonally, you can turn slightly on straight walls until you fall off. To actually make the wheel climb up a wall, you would need a slightly curved surface to allow the wheel to gain centripital force against the wall giving it traction. A sustained curve in a wall is needed to maintain the actual climbing ability. If you need more help, feel free to contact the creator, me ;) . Later,
Zach

Posted: 04 Oct 2006, 22:05
Aylown
A place where you can climb up indefinatedly is Battle Plataform 2 Spiral cases,Up and down

Posted: 05 Oct 2006, 01:52
zagames
Yes, inside the corner towers, the stone wheel can travel up and if your aim is good, you can shoot right back onto the platform.

Posted: 05 Oct 2006, 10:38
APM
Unfortunately, there's some unique bugs in the track for me. Oh, well, I'll have to deal with them.
And it's really hard to get onto the walls using only lego parts, so I figured that I should drop it. But does anybody want to team up to make this track without the Track Editor?
Thanks, APM
P.S. I wish to include, of course, the stone wheel and any future "sticky" cars.