Page 1 of 1
Posted: 20 Sep 2006, 05:34
zagames
Now available on RVZT and ZackAttackGames - Revolt. Comes with 2 custom battle vehicles. Really needs a new gfx image. If you want to make one, please send it to me. THanks,
Zach

Posted: 20 Sep 2006, 21:43
Aylown
I am on to it

Posted: 24 Sep 2006, 03:57
APM
Hey zach, can you tell me what file keeps the cars from dissapearing every few seconds. I wish to use it on a project.

Posted: 24 Sep 2006, 05:34
Manmountain
Track Zones (***.taz)
Always have zone 0 covering the start position otherwise the track will crash the game.
Try and have plenty of zones covering the racable area of your track.

Posted: 25 Sep 2006, 08:00
zagames
Oh yeah. Sorry, forgot to fix that. I'll get to it tomorrow. Also, waiting for the 3 cars to get approval into RVZT. Thanks,
Zach

Posted: 25 Sep 2006, 22:41
Aylown
For War God Temple(Battle Plattaform 2 Racing Mode) I need the .ncp data of under the bridges to be deleted,if anyone is up for the task they can find the non-final version of the track in rapidshare,by the name of godwart.rar

Posted: 26 Sep 2006, 03:45
Aylown
There you go the gfx,simple plain and just as you ordered sir!

Sorry I couldnt make it in a open place,but the white of the fog looked awful in any of the other positions,so I had to hide =)

Edit:Font Issues =) Perfect now

Posted: 02 Nov 2006, 16:38
ReVolt_asker
I down loaded ReVolt from zackattackgames.com or what its now called whatever, that version have one basic track all wite, so you can call it destroyed <_< and the battle platform tracks dont realy work i´m the last one on the platform and don´t win they never end!!! <_< :banghead: <_<

Sorry if i am negative but i realy wan´t ReVolt to work. :unsure:

Posted: 02 Nov 2006, 17:07
Manmountain
lol,
The battle platform tracks are a new concept and not fully supported by Revolt.
The object of these tracks is to be the last one left on the main platform arena while everyone else scurries around the arena floor. The winner is determined by mutual acknowledgement of who is left. The game itself does not calculate or register this and so will not end the race/game, this is due to there being no POS Nodes and no means of calculating distance travelled. :D

Posted: 03 Nov 2006, 02:58
zagames
Yeah. This experimental gameplay idea only works in Multiplayer, when only one person remains, and everyone else agrees, so the host restarts the game. There is no challenge with the AI cars, because they drive right off the track. Later,
Zach

Posted: 06 Nov 2006, 10:26
APM
You know what? I have a great idea!
Maybe you could make some nodes for the AI so they can compete when you're not in multi-player!
That would be cool!
Oh, and could you please put in more pick-ups? It would really even out the competion easy. It's not Hamsterball, ya know. You can't just hit people off that easily. Especially heavy cars like Phat Slug and Ghenis Khar.
You'd only have the advantage with my upcoming car... But it will not be revealed yet. :lol: Bwahaha!

Posted: 07 Nov 2006, 02:27
zagames
That is impossible. Altering the AI Nodes to create competition like that would cause your car to become reset.

Posted: 07 Nov 2006, 07:53
APM
So then the AI nodes also determine the repositioning? I thought that was POS. Or what? :huh:

Posted: 08 Nov 2006, 06:27
Manmountain
Track Zones define the area of track that can be raced on, and which direction the race will flow.
AI Nodes define the actual racing line that the AI cars follow. Each AI Node intersection is a possible repositioning point if you leave the Track Zone area anywhere near that particular Node intersection.
POS Nodes define the racing distance or track length. Also used to calculate the distance between opponants.

A good track relies on these three things to be placed/laid properly to provide the best AI challenge and racing line.

Posted: 08 Nov 2006, 12:04
ReVolt_asker
Should you put them on in the 3d program?

Posted: 08 Nov 2006, 17:27
Manmountain
I don't use 3D programs, so I am unsure as to what (other than model making) you can actually do in them, I think that light positioning and shading is possible, but what else ?
I believe you will have to use the MAKEITGOOD edit modes for some of them.

Posted: 08 Nov 2006, 20:09
ReVolt_asker
What do you use then to make tracks???

Are there some patch you can download to the editor??? :huh:

Posted: 09 Nov 2006, 03:59
zagames
Read around a little before you ask the question, as all of them so far have been answered. You simply model the car or track then convert through the RVTMOD7 package. Then, when you are in Re-Volt, change your name to MAKEITGOOD. After you hit enter, you will hear a honking noise. Then go back a couple menus until you see a new menu item. When you select that, use the left and right arrow keys to use different editing tools. Once you selected the tool you want to use, go back to the top of that menu and Start Race. Later,
Zach