Page 1 of 1
Posted: 16 Aug 2006, 11:54
gel_lr34
Hmm it was posted on RVZT about revolt sadly being a dying community. (i am not knocking the person who said that)

This community getting lost in the gleam of newer games would honestly be a loss of an incredible gem.

Despite the fact that i have migrated over to Forza Motorsport for the Xbox (and soon to be Forza 2 on the 360). This is the best computer game community i ever had the privelidge of being in. EVER!

The kindness of everyone here (most generally) far surpasses any of the old communities i remember (Midtown madness 2....eeek!!!!! and even the still running Viper Racing community [which i commend for sticking it out after all these years too]) All in all, no community compares to the RV Community. The only complaint i ever had with it was the fact that The Me and Me never made enough conversion cars!!! (haha)..................................oh wait, i guess that was never the problem!

*thinks for a bit* My only real complaint is that some of the early greats left too soon to see the community truly blossom (even Ali, i think left a bit too early to see it all unfold)

Scloink, Ali, Burn Rubr, Nairb, Cybernary, and Antimorph: You guys are all very much missed by those who knew you.

SO! I tip my favorite hat to this community. The best community on the web! :)

Oh, and......

LONG LIVE REVOLT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: 17 Aug 2006, 13:35
Skitch2
Not realy snuffing it but cooling down over the summer!!

Personally, I have way to much stuff to do at this time of the year so RV gets pushed back a little, but never for good. As the weather turns to shite ill be back in max.

If everyone buggers off for good then ill have lots of nice tracks to race on on my own lol. ill never give up on Re-Volt!!!

Posted: 17 Aug 2006, 15:03
arto
I don't see Re-Volt is dying at all yet. Sure, the community's size is not getting exponentially larger, but I don't see it shrinking too much either.

It seems to be doing well. Some examples from RVZT:

The amount of track/car downloads per day is steadily around 750. This is almost double the amount that was common a year ago.

Each day around 5-10 people register themself to RVZT/RV House. Sure, some of those may be people who have already registered and forgotten password or want new user id, but it still shows a regular activity.

Each week there are new track or car submissions.

Plus it seems even though it has been a summer time, there's been a decent amount of people in RV House.

So no, I don't think the community is dying or even shrinking that much.

Posted: 23 Aug 2006, 13:23
gel_lr34
uhmmm...i dont think u got the jist of the post arto......i was saying...i love this community...and it's an ANTI death post.........to the nay sayers...

Posted: 23 Aug 2006, 17:12
plic
hi gel
it was i who wrote a comment on how re-volt is a dying community
the fact is i too recently became a member of the re-volt community
i actually came to know about re-volt a year ago
i was very happy to find a grat game which could smoothly run on my pc (celeron 1.2ghz, 128 mb ram)
i was very happy
for the first few months i was in its grasp
i didnt even knew about the community
then i one day was searching for re-volt custom tracks which i thought must be present over the internet
i was surprised and shocked
i was happy a game which i loved which was so old and which was still being played online i had finaly found a way to use my internet other than dl music and looking up weird words in wikipedia
i found rv house
at first it didnt worked
then two ppl came to my rescue
overmadmax and benvoliosaythat(mat)
i was then in this game that had me entranced
i even took part in the reverse mirror cup
i was so happy!!!
and then the downfall began
i started seing less ppl
i am not saying there were no ppl but there were less and understood the reason work
in fact even i would not be able to play from next month as much as i want to
but i have found a way to give to this community and that is by making custom tracks
i would be here till the commuity dies till it breathes its last breaths
and when i said its a dying community i hadnt lost tohse whom i frequently chat with and then cam64 left
i felt sad
but then i am also seeing new names, ppl who want to play and i would gladly play whenver the circumstances alow me to
re-volt is not a game its a bond between me and my online friends and no one wants to lose friends
i dont know if those friends think the same but i sure will feel hurt if i lose them
my internet privileges are going to be diminished from next month so less of me at rv house
but i will be there whenever i log onto the net
and i will always love re-volt and the joy it has given me

Posted: 24 Aug 2006, 02:51
arto
gel_lr34 @ Aug 23 2006, 08:53 AM wrote: uhmmm...i dont think u got the jist of the post arto......i was saying...i love this community...and it's an ANTI death post.........to the nay sayers...
Gel, I didn't mean my post to be refutation of what you said, rather complementing your post to give another perspective to those who think the community is dying.

Posted: 24 Aug 2006, 05:40
zagames
Even if the community were to die, there is a company that is getting ready to make Re-Volt for the newer systems. Surely that will strike some interest in the game, and if the new version isn't as editable, I know a lot of people will be looking for the old version to make their own tracks and cars. I will always be playing Re-Volt, when I have the time. If these websites get shut down, I will be sure to keep mine running. Now, I have been busy too. It is the summer, there are jobs people should do, warmer nicer temperatures outside, and overall more to do. I do think that when summer shifts into winter, we will see a lot of old faces and maybe some new ones. If you know more people that want to play, you can download the Re-Volt installer files off http://revolt.zackattackgames.com/ and the no-cd patch (1207) off http://freewebs.com/revolt_f1 In the "RV Tool Shed". And don't forget to use RV house http://www.rvhouse.net to play online with us. Later,
Zach