Page 1 of 1
Posted: 14 Jul 2006, 04:08
Manmountain
Of late there has been quite a few spammers, advertising adult material and none ReVolt related links.
These posts and members have been removed. :banghead:
Could I please ask anyone who comes accross these posts to report them ASAP. :burnout:

For some reason this kind of spamming has become rather freaquent in the RV community. Several posts have been deleted at RVZT and Revolt Cars. RVA seems to be overun with false spamming members, which is a real shame.

Thank you all for your time.

Posted: 14 Jul 2006, 16:36
RTT-Pigasque
In RVL forum too ...

dancing "Kasanova" still alive !!

Posted: 16 Jul 2006, 21:32
Manmountain
Due to a recent spate of hyperlinking spam postings, I have been given advanced admin rights to deal with these attacks.
I have been bannig email and IP adresses and deleting these offenders and their posts.
I have also implemented a word filter to minimise the nature of the posts.

If you are a genuine member and are having trouble loging in, then please contact me direct : mystic_2 (at) lineone.net

Sorry if this has cuased you any inconvenience, but it is a real shame that I have had to result to these methods to keep this forum and community to the respectful level we know and trust.

PS,
This is the 1400 post. :blink:

Posted: 22 Jul 2006, 16:13
TheMeandMe
Indeed.
As every real barkeeper, this one here (me) relies on his staffers.
Since real life has me in its fangs these days, MM has been handed over a copy of the keys to the pub.

good job mate.

and everybody else, keep posting!

Posted: 22 Jul 2006, 21:11
Manmountain
Me thinks it's a good time for salary negotiations, :D :P ;)

Posted: 28 Jul 2006, 18:36
Manmountain
I have been removing an average of one spammer per day. :angry:
I have been adding thier IP & Email addresses to this sites ban list.
If any one knows of any specific Email aliases or domains that are used by spammers then please contact me direct. <_<

Thank you. :)

Posted: 04 Nov 2006, 06:31
Manmountain
:rolleyes:

Please would all true RV members inform admin of any spam or other unwanted posts, rather than post in the spammers topic, thank you.

You guys... <_<
I try my best to keep on top of it all. :rolleyes:

If for any reason a genuine new member/guest can not join or register then please contact me direct with the relevent information : HERE

Posted: 03 Dec 2006, 06:38
Manmountain
There seems to be an imposter causing problems over at RVZT.
Although I do not have administration rights to deal with that issue over there, I would like members to please not start Topics or attack this person here.
Advertising or arguing negative issues just escalates the problem.

Thank you for your co-operation. :)

Posted: 08 Jan 2007, 01:24
Manmountain
It has be put forward (by Geoff, GWC) that the reason we receive a lot of spam in the BAR section of the forum is due to the actual name that gets picked up by Spammers search engines.
Should we change the name of the BAR to some other name such as SALOON or LOUNGE, or maybe something else ?
Please offer your suggestions.

If for any reason a genuine new member/guest can not join or register then please contact me direct with the relevent information : HERE

Posted: 06 Feb 2007, 06:00
Manmountain
Some of you may have noticed that when you visit this forum as a guest, only the news section is visable.
This is just one attempt of reducing spam attacks from phishing auto spammers.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Simply login or register to enable full view of all sections as normal.

Thanks for you time. :)

Posted: 24 Feb 2015, 00:06
Manmountain
! Phishing Bot's !

I have noticed a huge increase of Guest's (mostly phishing bot's) as of late, especially with the increased number's of logged in member's.
I can only assume that some of you may have a trojan running and viewing all your visited web site's.
Make sure your security software is running and up to date.

I only bring this to your attention for your own security, the forum itself is not really affected except for false increased traffic.

Posted: 24 Feb 2015, 02:14
jigebren
Oh, I wouldn't be that alarmists, Manmountain... More active members also means more guests (if you just log out but don't close the ORP tab, you're becoming a guest).

The log-in link doesn't have the nofollow attribute that indicate to eg. google bot that it's useless to scan this link, in that case it doesn't appear that surprising to have bots trying to login (and we can't fix that, it's invisionfree hardcoded).

A trojan would likely have better thing to do that to visit again all the user history (all the more without reusing the user login info since all we see are guests).

It's not really Phishing anyway... ;)

Posted: 24 Feb 2015, 05:44
Manmountain
Sorry, was not trying to be alarming.

But I feel it more than a coincidence that up to 56 guest's were on the forum with majority just 'Viewing Board Index' and always at least one 'Registering...' but no new member's ever appear because the bot's can't get past the security measure's.

At this moment while typing this there are currently 14 guest's, 11 just Viewing Board Index and 1 Registering..., all these are not logged out members.
And to have earlier today a high number at any one time is disturbing. 77 user's online and about 20 of those were logged in member's.

This high influx has only just happened since I encourage all member's to vote through a mass email, they came and brought their phishing bot's with them, so it's their systems that may need a security check up.

I would be interested to know if anyone has taken my advice and actually found any issue's via their security software.