Page 1 of 1
Posted: 20 Apr 2005, 05:43
ecoman
I am having problems seeing all of the new custom cars I have added within the game. I have looked at many websites and forums, but no one has mentioned it. No matter which cars I add, when using the TMM cars fix, I can only choose between 24. I don't know how the game decides which 24 to show me, but it varies with which ones are actually present in my cars folder. The CARNIVAL cheat will give me all the original game cars, but will still only show 24 custom cars. I am using the 1207 patch on Win XP. Without the TMM fix, I can install 39 (and see them all) before the game crashes. All paths within the parameter.txt files are correct and all cars are installed properly. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: 20 Apr 2005, 19:38
TheMeandMe
24 only in Multiplayer? cause if you mean in multiplayer, im sorry to say youre right, were aware of it but cant fix it atm.

if in singleplayer, i have no idea why it should do that.
the AI cars you race against in single player are selected from the stock cars plus the 24 (or 25) first cars added to the \cars\ directory (it really looks for the date and time somehow).

one thing buggled me:
but it varies with which ones are actually present in my cars folder.
of course, ALL the cars have to be in their respective folders inside the \cars\ directory.

Posted: 21 Apr 2005, 01:52
ecoman
I am in single player mode, single race. What I meant about the cars folder was, if I move cars out of the folder to someplace else (the garage, for example), then the game gives me different cars in the cars folder in order to to make up the 24. I guess the ones the game chooses does have to do with the date the individual folder was created.

Based upon what I have read by others, the only thing which might be the problem was that I installed the 1207 patch over the 1.10 patch instead of the 1.0 version of the game. Could this be a problem? I also am using the _inmm.dll thing to get sound. Could there be a conflict? Thanks.

Posted: 21 Apr 2005, 18:55
TheMeandMe
hmm i dunno about the .dll, might be a problem, not sure.

i have no idea how the TMMCC actually works, since i am to no extent involved in the coding process to it.

im not sure if i have installed the 1207 over 1.00 myself to be honest, been a while. best thing you could do is a clean installation of RV and the upgrade to 1207.

i never heard anyone with the same problem tho, so im not sure if reinstalling will help, cause i doubt you are the only one who uses 1207 over 0916.