Page 1 of 1
Posted: 14 Oct 2017, 17:49
MarvTheM
RVGL has been updated to 17.1014a! This is a bug-fix release.

Update:
Win32 [ setup | 7z ]
Win64 [ setup | 7z ]
Linux [ 7z ]

Goodies:
rvgl_dc_pack.7z
changelog | docs

TVTIME and Cameras:
  • The command line parameter "-tvtime" has been added. It provides access to extra cameras, just like the TVTIME cheat.
  • Holding Shift + Space hides the in-game menu. Hiding the HUD can be achieved with Shift + F5, then the menu can be hidden by holding Space alone.
  • The free camera (F6) is now allowed to be used for players who finished in Battle Tag mode.
  • Also, the currently followed player in spectator mode or F3 camera is properly saved after race restart.
Cheats:
  • Improved level verification. Visual changes will not be tagged as cheat. It is safe to modify textures, music, wavs, etc.
    Dummy files created by the game will be ignored (e.g. an empty .fld file).
    Check the changelog for details.
  • Using CARNIVAL and TRACKER will no longer tag players with CHT.
  • MAKEITGOOD modes and some other cheats have been disabled for multiplayer.
  • Fixed an issue where the CHT tag remained after a new level has started.
Important:
Since it's important for both hosts and players to have the same track files, I recommend a fresh installation of Re-Volt, perhaps even a separate one for playing online.

Even if the player has correct car or track files, they will be tagged if the host has modified tracks or cars. To make sure that everyone playing online has the same files, I recommend to make a fresh installation of Re-Volt with RVGL:

1. Create a new folder for the installation.
2. Download the game files from here. Extract the game files into the new folder.
3. Download the most recent version of RVGL (links above). Extract the update into the new folder.
4. Optionally, get and unpack the multiplayer packs from here.

Posted: 15 Oct 2017, 09:40
Abc
textures can be a cheat if done right but i guess it doesn't matter because people prefer prettiness over advantage
a commandline isn't really viable for most users (non-technical), should be a setting. same goes with nopause
documentation of tvtime in the changelog isnt really necessary but np

it is not possible to fix the issue with stocks? it is related to paths? perhaps just a relative to the game folder should be used instead of a full path.

Which other cheats were disabled? DEV-only hotkeys?

Just my opinions.

Posted: 15 Oct 2017, 16:07
Black-Revolt001
This update brings only corrections for those who play online?

Posted: 15 Oct 2017, 18:05
MarvTheM
Black-Revolt001 @ 15 Oct 2017, 11:37 AM wrote: This update brings only corrections for those who play online?
You can use -tvtime for single-player races.

Posted: 15 Oct 2017, 18:27
There's a bug when inputting names in split-screen mode. After inputting the first name and moving onto the second name, typing or back-spacing won't work right away. When hitting 'escape' at the second name, you'll go right back to the difficulty select menu, instead of the input for the first name.
With that information, you should be able to reproduce it, and hopefully figure out the cause. :)

Posted: 15 Oct 2017, 19:09
Sometimes Player 2's name doesn't display.
(and no, Folk's name isn't 'Big Momma', as a few races later, it displayed 'Hydrox')

Posted: 21 Oct 2017, 05:33
Santiii727
It's normal if you have open ports and set 2310 on ini archive, why some people see invisible?
With joining again more 3 times

That happens with some friends, it's the connection?

Another question: When hosts a game, which is advisable, leave the localport at 0 or put it in 2310?

Thx

Posted: 21 Oct 2017, 17:38
Huki
607 @ 15 Oct 2017, 06:27 PM wrote:There's a bug when inputting names in split-screen mode. After inputting the first name and moving onto the second name, typing or back-spacing won't work right away. When hitting 'escape' at the second name, you'll go right back to the difficulty select menu, instead of the input for the first name.
With that information, you should be able to reproduce it, and hopefully figure out the cause. :)
I think both your issues are related to random cars mode. I didn't catch that at first - earlier tried to reproduce them without random cars mode and failed. I guess I'll have to take another look at it now.
Santiii727 @ 21 Oct 2017, 05:33 AM wrote:When hosts a game, which is advisable, leave the localport at 0 or put it in 2310?
The option isn't used when you're hosting, so it doesn't matter. Host always binds to port 2310.

Posted: 22 Oct 2017, 13:06
MarvTheM
RVGL has been updated to 17.1021a! This is another bug-fix release. It is compatible with the previous version when playing online.

Update:
Win32 [ setup | 7z ]
Win64 [ setup | 7z ]
Linux [ 7z ]

Goodies:
rvgl_dc_pack.7z
changelog | docs

Graphical:
  • Shift + F5 now also hides the race results and finish position.
  • The popcorn particle now looks like popcorn instead of pink grass. Go make a cinema track!
Multiplayer changes and fixes:
  • The F3 camera now cycles through players based on their position.
  • The "-port" command line now supports 0 to force a randomly selected port.
  • Fixed the name entry when in splitscreen mode. The player names should now show correctly in-game, too.
  • Using random cars should not show the CHT tag anymore.
Thanks to everyone for the bug reports and feature requests, and huge thanks to huki for the updates!

Posted: 24 Oct 2017, 20:16
Abc
I'd like to note that the anti cheat feature should be exclusively used for competitions such as RVIO.
Multiplayer edit collaboration should be implemented somewhen and that would need the above anticheat to be disabled. i suggest making it a option or a name code