Update:
Win32 [ setup | 7z ]
Win64 [ setup | 7z ]
Linux [ 7z ]

Goodies:
rvgl_dc_pack.7z
changelog | docs

Session Log:
A new command line parameter has been added: When the game is launched with "-sessionlog", the results of races will be saved in the profiles folder as csv files.
This makes it much easier to keep track of race results, especially for bigger race events.

Cheats:
  • Cheat verification has been extended to level files as well. Users with altered level files will be kicked if "-autokick" is used, otherwise the CHT tag will be shown.
  • Players using cheat codes are now tagged with CHT. Players will not be kicked for using cheat codes.
  • The SADIST cheat is now disabled in multiplayer races, even if dev mode is used.
Fixes and other stuff:
  • Player cars were still visible for the host when they were forced to spectate.
  • Players appeared twice in the results under certain circumstances.
  • Disabled Object mode preview in multiplayer (makeitgood).
This release is not compatible with other versions when playing online.

Marv

Posted: 13 Oct 2017, 11:41
Okay, I'm seeing some problems here.
Firstly: players using Carnival or Tracker getting the CHT tag. That would greatly reduce the meaning of the CHT tag, as some players would have the CHT tag nearly all the time.
Secondly: for myself, it's not really a problem that the cheat verification has been extended to level files. However, I feel like that might cause most people in I/O races to have CHT tags on some tracks, as I recall hearing said that I/O tracks could and would receive small modifications while still remaining the same track. In other cases that might cause people in non-I/O races to get the tag, if they are using tracks from the I/O pack. The solution would be for people to simply use different folders, but I'm not sure if everyone is willing to do that, also because that potentially makes Re-Volt take up a lot more room.

Posted: 13 Oct 2017, 13:30
Abc
carnival, tracker and tvtime should not mark a player as cheat.

makeitgood could maybe mark a player as (EDT) standing for EDIT. perhaps add cooperative editing in the future. object edit/presentation should be a toggle.

F10 teleporting available in dev mode should be disabled in online

spectator should have tvtime camera features enforced without any cheat

Tracks should be compared to host too. it is actually cheating if you tweak the track to for example have pickups when it never had, global stars placed for advantage,track zones and/or pos nodes modified for win-win. even having a completely different world and inf, that one does show the car on a different position and such

Posted: 13 Oct 2017, 19:57
nuclearhythmics
after installing 17.1012a Win64 had trouble loading market 1 and 2 with error popup:
"can't load model" OK 10 times then it loads and runs fine.
Might have something to do with me installing HD textures a while back.
:blink:

Posted: 14 Oct 2017, 00:02
mmudshark
Almost everyone in this morning's races shows CHT. Rejoining took it off for me but this needs to be fixed please.

Posted: 14 Oct 2017, 00:52
nuclearhythmics
tried to revert to previous version so i could join zipper hosting previous version but still get popup that says:
rejected by OK
also didn't fix my problem loading market 1 and 2
DANG

Posted: 14 Oct 2017, 01:12
nero
For those who get kicked because of mismatches, re-download all the stock tracks on RVZ, re-download the DC pack on the RVGL webpage, and re-download all the I/O packs. Re-install, overwrite.

For those who want to deal with a less extreme way of not getting kicked, just re-download the track(s) you got kicked from.

Posted: 14 Oct 2017, 02:48
nuclearhythmics
what re-download stock tracks?

Posted: 14 Oct 2017, 02:49
nuclearhythmics
i give up