MarvTheM
RVGL has been updated to 17.1009a!
rvgl_17.1009a_setup_win32.exe
rvgl_17.1009a_setup_win64.exe
rvgl_17.1009a_linux.7z
rvgl_dc_pack.7z
changelog

Installers:
The windows versions are now provided as an installer .exe. You can still extract the files manually by opening the .exe with 7z.

Server-side cheat verification:
New to this release is a new cheat detection feature. Car parameters of players are compared with the ones of the host.
If the player has different parameters compared to the host, the player will get a CHT tag.
This allows custom cars without the CHT tag, as long as the parameters match the ones of the host.
Hosts can use the "-autokick" command line to automatically kick players with modified parameters.

Random custom cars and tracks:
User cars and tracks are now selected by the random cars / tracks options in the game settings.

Custom track difficulty:
Track difficulty can now be read from .inf files. For example, add "DIFFICULTY 1" to display easy as the difficulty.

Code: Select all

DIFFICULTY    1; Display difficulty (0:Unknown, 1:Easy, 2:Normal, 3:Hard, 4:Extreme)
P2P Port configuration:
Additional to the LocalPort setting in rvgl.ini, the port can now be set with the "-port <number>" command line, overriding the LocalPort setting from the .ini.

Other stuff:
  • Some game settings are now accessible from the in-game menu.
  • Weapon counter is now shown in split-screen for fireworks and water bomb.
  • The green skid marks of the sand material have been removed and its particles have been tweaked.
  • Some more multiplayer tweaks and fixes listed in the changelog.
Marv
(don't mind me, I'm just helping out a bit ;) )

Posted: 10 Oct 2017, 16:33
Black-Revolt001
Question:
Do you have to download rvgl_dc_pack.7z to every RVGL update?

Posted: 10 Oct 2017, 16:36
MarvTheM
Black&#045;Revolt001 @ 10 Oct 2017, 12:03 PM wrote: Question:
You don't have to. This time it hasn't been changed. The link is only provided for convenience, in case you don't have it yet ;)

Posted: 10 Oct 2017, 17:37
Black-Revolt001
MarvTheM @ 10 Oct 2017, 12:06 PM wrote:
Black&#045;Revolt001 @ 10 Oct 2017, 12:03 PM wrote: Question:
You don't have to. This time it hasn't been changed. The link is only provided for convenience, in case you don't have it yet ;)
Ah OK
Another question that I ask myself about the novelty of adding the difficulty of a circuit ...
How to know the difficulty of the circuit in question?

Posted: 10 Oct 2017, 18:44
MarvTheM
How to know the difficulty of the circuit in question?
The value is completely empirical. In Re-Volt, the tracks are categorized into those difficulties, so you can look at those tracks and compare: Super Market 2 is easy, Museum 1 is extreme, etc.

Posted: 10 Oct 2017, 19:21
Huki
A pleasant surprise. Thanks, Marv. :thumbs-up:

Also note that this release is NOT compatible with previous builds online.

Posted: 10 Oct 2017, 20:23
This is huge!!!
Custom Track Difficulty is something people have wanted for ages, but I don't care for it all too much personally... but it's still cool!
And random tracks and cars using custom tracks and cars? That's incredible!! I hadn't thought that would ever be possible. :o Now add Reversed versions into the mix, where applicable. ;)

Posted: 10 Oct 2017, 21:35
Santiii727
[SOLVED] Spectator glitch: If I move to spec the player, will be like laphone. But if it joins back, it appears out of nowhere :wacko:

[youtube][/youtube]

Posted: 10 Oct 2017, 21:45
Kiwi
This are awesome changes, thanks Marv!

Great, that both you and Huki putting so much effort into the game at the moment. The community is thanking it with daily full lobbies and a lot of custom content at the moment. Also because of your fantastic Blender-Addon, Marv. As far as I see, it’s going upwards. Can‘t wait to see, what will be implemented next. B)

But I have one question. Huki posted, that this update „is a surprise“. Do you not work together with updating RVGL, or at least planning what will be done? And how do you avoid, that you maybe do things twice? I‘m just curious, because of Huki‘s comment. Maybe, I only misunderstood.

Cheers! Kiwi

Posted: 10 Oct 2017, 22:16
MarvTheM
Kiwi @ 10 Oct 2017, 05:15 PM wrote: But I have one question. Huki posted, that this update „is a surprise“. Do you not work together with updating RVGL, or at least planning what will be done? And how do you avoid, that you maybe do things twice? I‘m just curious, because of Huki‘s comment. Maybe, I only misunderstood.
Glad you like the changes :)

Huki uploaded the update yesterday and didn't get to post about it here. I had some time on my hands and did it for him.

We do work together and I eventually hope to help out a lot more (probably when I get the add-on out of the way).
(If you're wondering, I added the custom difficulty and tweaked the sand material)

Posted: 10 Oct 2017, 22:28
A weapon counter for split-screen, too!! I read over that at first, in my excitement!
Wow, this update is for sure the most influential I've ever witnessed, to me! :o I love it! :D

Posted: 11 Oct 2017, 04:33
Santiii727
They saw worms armageddon? Well, it has a rendering option, which is compatible with OpenGL, Software and Directx, could be implemented on the future?

The quality option could be automatic.

Add render quality: Auto, Minimum, Medium or High.

Posted: 11 Oct 2017, 17:36
Black-Revolt001
I want the new game mode Knockout :thumbs-up:

Posted: 11 Oct 2017, 17:51
MarvTheM
Well, it has a rendering option, which is compatible with OpenGL, Software and Directx, could be implemented on the future?
That doesn't make much sense. RVGL uses OpenGL to get away from DirectX since it used some legacy features that aren't properly supported by newer versions of Windows anymore (also cross platform compatibility is a huge point).
You'll soon be able to choose between the current and the shader version of RVGL, so there's that.
Add render quality: Auto, Minimum, Medium or High.
I don't think Re-Volt needs that since pretty any PC these days should be able to handle it on high graphics settings.
I want the new game mode Knockout&nbsp; :thumbs-up:
Please use the Suggestions sub-forum to post suggestions so they can be discussed.

Posted: 14 Oct 2017, 19:28
Pyves
Some nice new additions. Good work! ;)