Posted: 01 Oct 2017, 07:43
Huki
RVGL has been updated to 17.0930a!
rvgl_17.0930a_win32.7z
rvgl_17.0930a_win64.7z
rvgl_17.0930a_linux.7z
rvgl_dc_pack.7z
changelog

P2P Port configuration: This release adds a new entry called LocalPort to rvgl.ini, under the [Network] section. It forces a specific port to be used when connecting to an online session. If you have trouble seeing other players online (or other players cannot see you), you should open port 2310 in your router and then set LocalPort to 2310 in rvgl.ini. If you don't already experience any problems, then it's safe and recommended to leave this at 0.

Controller improvements:
  • Now with proper support for controller hot-plugging.
  • D-Pad is used for menu navigation when possible.
  • Controller GUIDs are logged at RVGL start up. This can be useful for adding your own GameController mapping in case one is not available for your controller. See this post for more info.
Optimized rendering: Tracks that have a skybox should run faster thanks to an optimized rendering technique. (I see a ~20fps gain on my computer). It should also (hopefully) fix the glitches reported on Raspberry Pi.

Other stuff: Huki

Posted: 01 Oct 2017, 08:21
santiago
THANK YOU :thumbs-up: :D

Posted: 01 Oct 2017, 12:22
MarvTheM
Thanks a ton for the update! I updated the documentation.
I'll also add a guide to the online section of the learn site regarding the LocalPort setting.

Posted: 01 Oct 2017, 14:11
Kiwi
Thank you, Huki! B)

Especially the controller fixes sounds great. This was always a mess for me. After the 1vs1 tournament, I will try immediately, if it works with my XBox 360 Wireless controller (under Windows 10).

Cheers!
Kiwi

EDIT: My controller is working without any issues now, thanks! It will be recognised when powering on during RVGL.exe is running, the Controller setup will be stored, and the navigation with D-Pad is working now. Great work!

Posted: 01 Oct 2017, 14:27
sebr
I have 2 controlers to try too after the 1v1 tournament

Posted: 01 Oct 2017, 15:35
Balesz
Eeey, great news! Cant wait to try out my controller. Multiplayer fixes sound nice too.

Many thanks!

Posted: 02 Oct 2017, 23:37
Huki
Kiwi wrote:My controller is working without any issues now, thanks! It will be recognised when powering on during RVGL.exe is running, the Controller setup will be stored, and the navigation with D-Pad is working now. Great work!
Glad to hear it's working!

---

A minor bugfix release 17.1002a.
rvgl_17.1002a_win32.7z
rvgl_17.1002a_win64.7z
rvgl_17.1002a_linux.7z
rvgl_dc_pack.7z
changelog

What's New:
  • There were some inconsistencies with the hotplugging support in cases where there are multiple players and controllers (eg., split-screen), which is now handled better.
  • Balesz had an issue where he had to add his own GameController mapping to get his controller's D-Pad working. However, edits to the gamecontrollerdb.txt would be overwritten during the next RVGL update. To prevent this, RVGL now sources controller mappings from the profiles folder also. Simply copy gamecontrollerdb.txt to the profiles folder and make any edits to it.
  • Someone requested an option to turn off AI rubberbanding. Without further ado... *drum rolls* ... introducing, all new "CatchUp" option in your profile.ini. (Note: Don't disable it. :ph43r: )
Note: You can use this tool to generate mappings for your controller.

Huki

Posted: 03 Oct 2017, 12:37
Areno
Huki wrote:[*]Someone requested an option to turn off AI rubberbanding. Without further ado... *drum rolls* ... introducing, all new "CatchUp" option in your profile.ini. (Note: Don't disable it. :ph43r: )
Thank you. :thumbs-up:

Posted: 03 Oct 2017, 22:55
Black-Revolt001
Too bad it has no novelty as I quote below.
- Be able to see the first 10 ghost opponents in the time trial mode.
- Have 18 or 20 opponents in the race.
- Can use solo battle mode

[Vaid Edit]: These are nothing, but suggestions. I'd like you to post these in an appriopriate sub-forum next time.
Such posts will be deleted without any further warning.

Posted: 04 Oct 2017, 01:00
Santiii727
It's normal to see double using localport here and cosmo?

Posted: 04 Oct 2017, 01:32
Cosmo_Kramer
https://imgur.com/a/Kp9UT

i think us 2 were the only ones with opened 2310 port on rvgl.ini

Posted: 04 Oct 2017, 11:25
Santiii727

Needs another revision on tab, sometimes shows invisible guy.

Posted: 05 Oct 2017, 20:00
Black-Revolt001
Anyone ever heard of the Knockout race mode?

Posted: 05 Oct 2017, 23:35
Pyves
Black-Revolt001 @ 5 Oct 2017, 03:30 PM wrote: Anyone ever heard of the Knockout race mode?
Never, what's that?

Posted: 06 Oct 2017, 02:12
RaydenX
Pyves @ 5 Oct 2017, 07:05 PM wrote:
Black-Revolt001 @ 5 Oct 2017, 03:30 PM wrote: Anyone ever heard of the Knockout race mode?
Never, what's that?
I think he's referring to the mode in which the guy in last position is eliminated from the race after each lap.

Posted: 16 Nov 2017, 02:42
Cosmo_Kramer
Huki,im not sure does this p2p function
For example,my ports are opened and also changed my number from 0 to 2310 on rvgl.ini.With certain players i still sometimes have issues sometimes not,it depends on host also.Usually its 1 or 2 players.Sometimes its fixed after 2 rejoining,sometimes 5,sometimes never...I think its a big problem cause usually during the race,main topic is "how many u see" which is becoming pain in the bottom :D