Page 1 of 1
Posted: 07 Sep 2017, 00:49
Balesz
Hey!
I have a small issue when I'm trying to use my PS2 controller with a PS3 controller adapter in Re-Volt. The issue is that i can't set the dpad in the settings in Re-Volt

This is how it looks in the controller settings (translated to enlish because it's hungarian):

Thanks for reading and I hope it's easily fixable.

Posted: 11 Sep 2017, 08:17
Abc
d-pad is considered as POV, afaik no way to do that.
use it mario kart style, accelerate and brake with button and turn with analog. it's actually better because it gives you some control, you could make speed analog by using the other stick

Posted: 11 Sep 2017, 22:16
Balesz
Oh, sad.
I don't really like using analog in arcade games, so if it's not possible I have to stay at keyboard or there are some solutions that "converts" the PS3 controller driver too seem like it's an xbox controller. Since xbox=Microsoft=Windows, it's supported, but they don't give a duck to Sony.

Posted: 17 Sep 2017, 03:02
Abc
there's drivers for PlayStation, and the newer dualshocks are indeed xinput like Xbox ones, you still need the driver if you have win 7or 8 because of the API

Posted: 30 Sep 2017, 22:39
Huki
RVGL uses the SDL2 GameController API to handle modern controllers. As long as there is a GameController mapping available for your controller, you should be able to use the D-Pad with no problem. If a mapping is used for your controller, you'll see axis and button names in the Controller Config menu (like "Button A") instead of plain numbers.

You can check the available mappings in the gamecontrollerdb.txt file in your re-volt folder. You can see from this example entry for a PS3 controller that the POV hat is indeed mapped to the D-pad.
88880803000000000000504944564944,PS3 Controller,a:b2,b:b1,back:b8,dpdown:h0.8,dpleft:h0.4,dpright:h0.2,dpup:h0.1,...
It's possible that there is no mapping for your controller's GUID in that list. The upcoming RVGL release should log your controller's GUID to re-volt.log, so you can verify that and add your own mapping if required.

Posted: 30 Sep 2017, 23:06
santiago
I use ds4 for windows maybe that can work for you