Page 1 of 1
Posted: 26 Jun 2017, 01:56
ArcherAC3
I keep getting this error when launching RVHouse, sending me to this linkhttp://rvhouse.revoltzone.net/index.php ... er_fw_help.

Following the guide, I tried to forward those ports, but it's very unclear and confusing.
I got into my router configs, but it doesn't allow me to forward the 2300:2400 range on both Source and Target ports.

Here's a screenshot:http://i.imgur.com/09L5bV9.png?1 The red warning up there is telling me to give a valid range, such as 1:65535 (not sure why it's not working then, as I believe 2300:2400 is between it); and down there you can see the ports 2301 and 47624 forwarded to their respective targets - not sure if it's done correctly, as I have no idea what's the difference between a comma and a dash in the instructions page.

Oh, and I've already allowed my firewall to let RVHouse pass.

Edit: Here's another screenshot - in english now - showing what happens when I try port forwaring that range of portshttp://imgur.com/lgZgBMR

Posted: 26 Jun 2017, 04:32
Abc
Maybe your router is buggy then!
dash is range, comma is enumeration. it's a well-established network standard
in your router ranges are separated by a colon

Posted: 26 Jun 2017, 06:18
ArcherAC3
Abc @ 26 Jun 2017, 12:02 AM wrote: Maybe your router is buggy then!
dash is range, comma is enumeration. it's a well-established network standard
in your router ranges are separated by a colon
Oh well.

Posted: 26 Jun 2017, 06:23
ArcherAC3
Update: When running RVHouse as an admin, I managed to join a Chat channel, althogh I'm the only in the channel.
Both the refresh and join room actions don't do anything as well...

Also, on the guide it says: "If you have a wireless router, you need to forward some ports on it.". I'm connected through an ethernet cable to my router, should I still have to port forward?

Posted: 26 Jun 2017, 23:13
Abc
ArcherAC3 @ 25 Jun 2017, 09:53 PM wrote: Update: When running RVHouse as an admin, I managed to join a Chat channel, althogh I'm the only in the channel.
Both the refresh and join room actions don't do anything as well...

Also, on the guide it says: "If you have a wireless router, you need to forward some ports on it.". I'm connected through an ethernet cable to my router, should I still have to port forward?
yes. it's just because wireless users are more common. Ethernet is better.
yeah you need to run RVH as admin, same with re-volt.
refresh is P2P based.

Posted: 27 Jun 2017, 06:46
ArcherAC3
Hm. Although I'm getting the P2P disconnected error, I did manage to create a room and play a race with another player through RVHouse without any problems. Therefore I believe my ports are open/forwarded(?).
I've also double checked with the portforward app, and it confirms that 2300-2400 port range is open, even though, on my router, the target ports is blank.
As in: Source -> 2300:2400 ; Target ->(blank).

Thanks for the help though! :)

Posted: 28 Jun 2017, 01:55
Abc
P2P isn't really important for game purposes. also it works with high dynamic ports, depending on the router passthrough settings they may be closed or open.
There also no people on RVH at europe night mostly.

ranges are only specified on one side because the router automatically maps the range for the target. the target setting is only when you switch ports, eg: you want to have a public webserver but the port is used for router remote management, say 8080. you put the web server on 8888 by telling the forwarding to source port 8080 and target port 8888 or viceversa depending on the scope which i am not completely sure.

good to hear you got it working.