Page 1 of 1
Posted: 05 Apr 2017, 01:24
MarvTheM
I'm writing this in behalf of Monskiller.

Whenever he's trying to host, nobody can connect to him. On the client side, RVGL just opens an error window stating that the connection has been refused (not a timeout).

Port 2310 (UDP) is apparently correctly forwarded. We tried it with and without the firewall activated. No success. We're both using the same version (17.0327).

If the info helps: Both of his IPs are correctly displayed when hosting (top right corner).

I'm not aware of any more factors that could hinder a connection. Any clues what else to try?

Posted: 05 Apr 2017, 04:12
Abc
Is his NAT open?
Did you consider that the ISP is blocking the router?
Connection Refused means the peer is there but not the port.

Posted: 08 Apr 2017, 11:03
savePinball
A̶m̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶k̶i̶l̶l̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶"̶C̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶s̶e̶d̶"̶ ̶ ̶H̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶l̶o̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶i̶p̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶r̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶D̶y̶n̶a̶m̶i̶c̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶P̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶F̶o̶r̶w̶a̶r̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶T̶C̶P̶ ̶2̶3̶0̶1̶,̶ ̶4̶7̶6̶2̶4̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶U̶D̶P̶ ̶2̶3̶0̶0̶ ̶-̶ ̶2̶4̶0̶0̶.̶ ̶P̶u̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶v̶o̶l̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶t̶e̶l̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶e̶w̶a̶l̶l̶.̶ ̶T̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶e̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶r̶v̶h̶o̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶G̶a̶m̶e̶r̶a̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶.̶ ̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶H̶u̶a̶w̶e̶i̶ ̶H̶G̶6̶3̶0̶b̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶s̶.̶

I've just realised that this is the wrong place to post as this is a separate issue plus its very close to breaking this rule Do not report more than one issue in the same topic. Open a new topic for each new bug report!
Also doesn't help that we are getting different error messages than Monskiller...
So i'll probably get around to making a new post soon.

Posted: 08 Apr 2017, 13:17
Abc
Please read better, those instructions are wrong, follow the microsoft kb article.
its both tcp and udp for 2300-2400 range. but rvgl does not use this. it's not your standard directplay game.

Posted: 08 Apr 2017, 20:41
Huki
What is the exact error message that clients get when they connect to him?

Could it be that he has an IPv6?