Page 1 of 1
Posted: 23 Mar 2017, 00:01
I just found out about the line CarAICatchup = 1 in the ini for RVGL profiles. What does it do? I know I could simply disable it, but I would like to know what it does exactly, as I've never noticed any rubberbanding effects. But perhaps it's simply really well executed, so you don't notice it?

Posted: 23 Mar 2017, 19:02
Abc
It's the Rubberbanding effects indeed.
Why don't you experiment on and off?

Posted: 24 Mar 2017, 06:45
Huki
607 @ 23 Mar 2017, 12:01 AM wrote: I just found out about the line CarAICatchup = 1 in the ini for RVGL profiles. What does it do? I know I could simply disable it, but I would like to know what it does exactly, as I've never noticed any rubberbanding effects. But perhaps it's simply really well executed, so you don't notice it?
Yes, the setting disables rubberbanding effect for the CPU cars, and yes, it's really well executed (I might be biased though :rolleyes:), so you won't notice it unless you're specifically looking for it. Actually, you're probably looking at the v1.2 settings file - there is no such option in the RVGL ini.

Posted: 24 Mar 2017, 18:03
Areno
Huki, can you bring that option in RV-GL? I seriously hate catch-up in racing games.

Posted: 24 Mar 2017, 20:37
Huki @ 24 Mar 2017, 02:15 AM wrote: Actually, you're probably looking at the v1.2 settings file
Yes, that is indeed the case. I noticed the ini was showing the default settings, and not my actual RVGL settings.