Page 1 of 1
Posted: 15 Feb 2017, 14:39
ElectricBee
I tried out the 100-car build that was posted on RVL previously (before URV removed the link, it was PM'd to me) and I don't see any significant reason why we're still stuck with the 12-car limit.

But I get it, there might be some well-suited arguments against this. At the risk of making some straw-men, I'll generate arguments I assume some will make here;

Twelve has always been how it was.
And you still use Netscape Mosaic as your web browser, yeah? On Windows 95, with Winamp 2.0 in the background right? You can't even make symbolic links on that machinel but you proudly rock a 20GB hard disk as your daily driver, yeah?

If things were kept how they were, we wouldn't have smartphones and the interconnected society we have today. For the love of all things sacred, move on. If you're already using RVGL you shouldn't have a problem with this.

It will lag people's computers unnecessarily and create too much chaos
It's a choice for the end-user to make. 12 is a sane limit, anything above that is at the detriment of the end-user should they decide to go terribly overboard. I know when I was playing the 100-car mod it lagged the ever-loving crap out of my PC. That's fine, I still had fun.

I want physics balls to happen. I want the chaos. I want it to happen, and I don't get that with the present "Official" builds of the game. This is the stuff of dreams for many kids, let dreams come true!

It would make Stunt Arena and Clockwork Carnage irrelevant.
The track editor that came with Re-Volt is already irrelevant. Fun as it was to use, and for little kids they can make awesome lego tracks, as well advanced ones after a basic layout is made with third-party tools, so few people care about it that the core for RVGL was not modified to suit its inclusion in the main menu.

What it boils down to is if so few people care about the Stunt Arena mode, they certainly won't bother unlocking Clockwork Carnage. So in keeping with the spirit of Clockwork Carnage, let's have it unlock the option of turning random cars off instead. When turned on, simply show it as dimmed, and flash the word "LOCKED" next to it. Change the string for unlocking clockworks to random cars being unlocked, translate it into the different string languages and Stunt Arena mode will still mean something.

On top of that, Clockwork Carnage can be removed with Track Editor in its place instead, and the option already available at the start.

I really don't think I need to say any more about this. If there are other concerns about lifting the limit, provide me with your reason why this shouldn't be a thing.

Posted: 15 Feb 2017, 20:39
MarvTheM
You should have posted this in the Open Letter thread instead. The skin changer is pretty off-topic while this would be on-topic in the other thread. However, most things have already been mentioned there.

Posted: 15 Feb 2017, 20:43
Zola
Im agree with this, increase th limit of cas in rv would be a big step for the game, but also carries many issues with it. The start grid would have to be modified, cause the track's were designed just for 12 cars.

Also, even though i think that is a good idea, we dont need tooooo many cars in a single race, maybe 16, 18 or max 20.

Posted: 15 Feb 2017, 20:51
VaiDuX461
We already have a similar topic or even couple like this. It looks like begging at this point to be honest.

[Topic closed]