Huki
RVGL 16.1230a is released.
rvgl_16.1230a_win32.7z
rvgl_16.1230a_win64.7z
rvgl_16.1230a_linux.7z
rvgl_dc_pack.7z
changelog

What's new:
P2P Multiplayer: This release includes initial support for hosting P2P sessions. This is enabled by the host with the -p2p command line. Only the host needs to set the command line, clients simply take whatever setting the host uses. To host a P2P session from RV House, simply add -p2p to the Additional command-lines under the RVGL section in Settings dialog.
RVGL uses a technique called hole punching to connect players behind a NAT. This means clients will not need to forward any ports to communicate with each other. Only the host needs UDP 2310 open as usual. Initial tests in RV House have been very promising so far, and more test results are welcome.

Tweaks / Bugfixes:
  • This release includes the additional gallery pages that were exclusive to the Dreamcast version.
  • Replays are now saved in each profile's folder rather than in the main re-volt folder. It means each profile will have its own saved replay.rpl. Eventually I'd like to support multiple replay slots, but this should do for now. The main reason for making this change is to avoid permission issues when attempting to save the replay in the main game folder.
  • On 64-bit Linux, the included libGLEW.so.2.0 was not automatically used (i.e., without having to place it in /usr/lib) even when it's missing from the system. This was because of a missing line in the 'rvgl' script which is now added.
  • Fix: On Linux, some Time Trial records didn't load after running the 'fix_cases' script.
  • Fix: Screenshots saved with the F8 key sometimes had strange transparent areas.
  • Fix: When a fast client finished loading even before the host, the client received a bad countdown.
Have a happy new year! :)

Huki

Posted: 01 Jan 2017, 03:53
Alphacraft
Huki @ 31 Dec 2016, 03:13 PM wrote: [*]On 64-bit Linux, the included libGLEW.so.2.0 was not automatically used (i.e., without having to place it in /usr/lib) even when it's missing from the system. This was because of a missing line in the 'rvgl' script which is now added.
I'm a noob when it comes to Linux and this stopped me in my tracks last time I tried, so thank you for fixing this. I'll have to test it when I get home :)

Posted: 07 Jan 2017, 20:08
sebr
Found a bug, but i think it's not introduced from this release.

From DEV mode if you start a track with Trigger edit mode
made your makeitgood changes and save them with Ctrl+F4
go back to edit mode : None and restart your track to check your work
=> everything work as it shoold be
BUT if you go back to edit mode trigger (or another one) and restart your track
F4 do nothing the 1st time
hit F4 again and you'll get the sav message as if you use Ctrl+F4
the only way to get makeitgood working again is to restart RVGL ...

=======================================================

Found something strainge but i guess it's not a bug

1) Made a time-trial on custom track
2) Use makeitgood and add split trigger
3) As long as you are slower as your best time trial made at 1) you'll get this :

Split screen = your lap time

4) Split screen will work as on stock track when you do a new record

Posted: 08 Jan 2017, 01:11
Abc
not so old bug but noticed it now
For some reason old strings do not work anymore on new rvgl, i had 16.1125a and it already complained about no strings found on startup, now i have fixed that but my customized spanish versions do not appear on the language list in options..

Posted: 11 Jan 2017, 02:08
urnemanden
P2P excites me sooooo much :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: