Huki
RVGL 16.1210a is released.
rvgl_16.1210a_win32.7z
rvgl_16.1210a_win64.7z
rvgl_16.1210a_linux.7z
rvgl_dc_pack.7z
changelog

What's new:
Improved Antialias support: I've attempted a new way of implementing Antialiasing support that uses OpenGL framebuffer objects. Antialias is now a proper option under Render Settings, and changes take effect instantly. For more information, see my post in the previous release thread. Performance should be just as good, but I'm curious to hear other people's test results. Be sure to also post your re-volt.log as it now detects additional GL extensions.

Screenshot support: You can now take screenshots using the F8 key. The screenshots are timestamped and saved in the profiles folder in PNG format. I added this support mainly for cases when PrtScr doesn't work / results in a black screen, or there are tearing problems in fullscreen. Again, I'm curious about feedback from other users.

Compressed WAV formats: I've added support for the libsndfile decoder to handle various extended WAV formats, such as Apple IMA4 and MSADPCM. libsndfile.dll is included on Windows, while Linux users should get it from their package manager. See the original report and ensuing discussion here.

Unlimited instance collpolys: RVGL can now process virtually unlimited number of instance collision data. Each ncp file (eg., the world.ncp) is limited to 65536 polys, but the total number of all the world + instance collpolys together is now allowed to exceed this limit. Technically, the internal limit is now 2^30 polys.

Other changes:
  • BigVolt / BossVolt have their unlocking behavior restored based on the DC version, and they are now selectable by the AI (more info).
  • Added missing trolley.bmp to be used when Trolley is selected as a car.
  • The log file displays additional details and error messages if any.
  • Fixed annoying errors when the language file is missing / corrupt (report).
Huki

Posted: 10 Dec 2016, 16:12
Touriga
Huki,

It's never to much to say: THANK YOU for all your work.

Posted: 10 Dec 2016, 21:21
sebr
Huki wrote:Screenshot support: You can now take screenshots using the F10 key. The screenshots are timestamped and saved in the profiles folder in BMP format (I'm thinking of PNG, but this should do for now). I added this support mainly for cases when PrtScr doesn't work / results in a black screen, or there are tearing problems in fullscreen. Again, I'm curious about feedback from other users.
Can we choose the key or move it to F8 ? because Fraps use F9 and F10 to made video and screenshot => not yet tested but probably buggy in that way

Posted: 10 Dec 2016, 22:52
Huki
sebr @ 10 Dec 2016, 09:21 PM wrote: Can we choose the key or move it to F8 ? because Fraps use F9 and F10 to made video and screenshot => not yet tested but probably buggy in that way
That's why I changed my Fraps keys to Ctrl-F9 and Ctrl-F10. ;) But anyway, F8 sounds like a good choice. I just remembered v1.2 had a screengrab feature in dev mode that also used F8. Btw, I've also just implemented PNG saving support. So expect an update soon...

Edit:
I updated the builds in the first post, so re-download if you have already downloaded it.
Changelog:
  • Screenshot key was changed from F10 to F8.
  • The screenshots are now saved in PNG format.

Posted: 12 Dec 2016, 10:39
Abc
Wasnt the screenshot feature already existing in dev?
nice addition anyway!

isnt trolley supposed to be always hidden?

Posted: 12 Dec 2016, 20:10
VaiDuX461
Abc @ 12 Dec 2016, 07:09 AM wrote:Wasnt the screenshot feature already existing in dev?
In v1.2.
Abc @ 12 Dec 2016, 07:09 AM wrote:isnt trolley supposed to be always hidden?
Yes.
You still need to enter the cheat code or use dev mode to access it anyways. The texture was included only for convenience, so people wouldn't have to do by themselves if they want it to be playable.