Huki
RVGL 16.1125a is released.
rvgl_16.1125a_win32.7z
rvgl_16.1125a_win64.7z
rvgl_16.1125a_linux.7z
rvgl_dc_pack.7z
changelog

The release has various bug fixes and a couple of improvements:
Lit file bug: A bug in previous rvgl versions caused any .lit file saved in Lights edit mode to become corrupted. This release fixes it, so if you're making or editing tracks using RVGL, be sure to update to this version. (originally reported here)

Other bugfixes:
  • Crash on give-up try (report)
  • "Save Car Info" generates a bad Camera section in the parameters.txt (report)
  • Slight tweaking to 0927 online improvements (the remote delay is saner under low packets-per-sec).
Multisampling setting: You can now configure Multisampling (FSAA) from Video Settings. Unfortunately, we have very little control over this from code, so the support is primitive: 1) you will need to restart RVGL after making changes to this setting, and 2) you're allowed to set the multisampling level upto 32x, although higher levels will have no effect if it exceeds the maximum level supported by your GPU. The main purpose of adding this setting is to allow enabling Antialias when the graphics control panel doesn't let you to (or there is no control panel...).

DC pack update: Some cars from the dc pack were previously not using Strix's most recent textures. This is now updated (thanks to MightyCucumber for sending me the latest files).
  • Properly mapped rear bumper on Groovster's body.
  • BossVolt and PurpXL have updated wheel textures.
  • Missing decal on SNW35's windshield.
  • Splat's windshield displays the proper expletive.
Log system info: A small detail added to the generated re-volt.log file - it now logs your operating system and architecture upon start, a detail that can help during bug reports.

I originally planned on providing an installer executable for Windows releases, but it's postponed for now. Meanwhile, if you wish to test the 64-bit Windows build, place RVGL somewhere you have write access to (like your Documents folder).

Oh, and I also updated the first post in the RVGL thread. It was long overdue and I could finally edit it as the LIST BB Code has started working again.

Huki

Posted: 29 Nov 2016, 19:15
zipperzbieracz
One useless note from me for this update

I have a Geforce 920M graphics card.

I experienced some black textures or planes just above textures(ground) (at first try, later not) when I switched to 32x multisampling, but at the same time vsync was OFF all the time, even if it was ON. From 16x and lower this problem doesn't appear, multisampling and vsync works as it is supposed to.

I guess my graphics card just can't handle the 32x multisampling, so it turns 32x multisampling into 0x multisampling, but it also strangely switches off Vsync.

That's a quick useless note how my graphics behaved at 32x multisampling, which is probably not supported by my graphics card.

Posted: 03 Dec 2016, 06:27
Huki
@zipperzbieracz: I heard a similar report when I was on Discord. Selecting an unsupported multisampling level is supposed to do nothing, but it seems in some cases it has adverse effects (possibly a driver glitch).

Anyway, the good news is that I've attempted an alternate, more modern implementation of multisample antialiasing support using framebuffer objects. It's vastly superior to the current implementation - it's now possible to detect the gpu's maximum support level, and changes take effect instantly without the need to restart, but it might come at a slight performance cost (when antialias is on), but in my tests the drop in fps was unnoticeable. I'll release test builds later today.

Posted: 03 Dec 2016, 08:55
Alphacraft
Huki @ 2 Dec 2016, 06:57 PM wrote: (possibly a driver glitch)
I've experienced this when trying to enable 32x antialiasing on my Intel Extreme Graphics; they don't support antialiasing at all so after restarting the game the Microsoft default ICD gets loaded instead of Intel's, and changing back to 0x fixes it.

Posted: 05 Dec 2016, 14:23
Kipy
I am curious why AI can't pick BigVolt in rookie class when player want to play a single race?
If it is because of hardcoding, well I can understand, but if I have to keep two BigVolt car in Re-Volt folder because of this, then it's simply ridiculous and disappointing.

Posted: 07 Dec 2016, 01:18
Skarma
I just updated to this patch and now I keep getting bombarded by this error.

I can still play the game but it's annoying when having to minimise a few times to clear this.

Posted: 08 Dec 2016, 02:19
Huki
Kipy @ 5 Dec 2016, 02:23 PM wrote:I am curious why AI can't pick BigVolt in rookie class when player want to play a single race?
If it is because of hardcoding, well I can understand, but if I have to keep two BigVolt car in Re-Volt folder because of this, then it's simply ridiculous and disappointing.
The rules for BigVolt and BossVolt were changed during my integration:
- BigVolt is unlocked on completing the Single Race in Rooftops and BossVolt on catching the Practice star in Rooftops. This is different from the DC version where BigVolt is available from the beginning and BossVolt is unlocked on completing the Silver Cup.
- Both of them are treated as special cars selectable only by the player, just like Rotor and Panga.

Well, I just thought about this again and I feel it's better to keep the difference between the DC version and RVGL to a minimum. So I'll see about restoring both the unlocking behavior and CPU selectability of these cars.

Skarma @ 7 Dec 2016, 01:18 AM wrote:I just updated to this patch and now I keep getting bombarded by this error.
https://i.gyazo.com/1bf55b7d1bb3c5c3c10 ... 9416dd.png

I can still play the game but it's annoying when having to minimise a few times to clear this.
Looks like your game's language was set to a custom file called 'englishgl.txt' and you deleted it. RVGL keeps trying to load the deleted file on each startup. Annoying indeed. Thanks for the report, I'll fix it. In the meantime, if you want to get rid of the error, go to Options -> Game Settings, change the Language to something else and then change it back to English.

Posted: 09 Dec 2016, 13:44
Abc
why not the original dc unlock series?

For the language error you can instead edit the profile ini actually.

Posted: 14 Dec 2016, 01:07
gdfsgdfg
I love the DC integration so much, seeing all the car boxes there fixes my ocd.

Bug Report: I'm not sure what's happening on museum 1 and 2 it seems the laser alarms are activating on their own its really weird :huh:

Feature request would be 29 ai cars without having to use clockwork carnage.

Posted: 14 Dec 2016, 16:17
Touriga
:rolleyes:

Huki,

Hi and the usual THANK YOU!

How complicated it would be to implement custom track list ?

All the best,

Touriga

Posted: 30 Jan 2017, 17:19
technobone
Hi thanks for all the hard work remastering a classic, I'm just wondering if there's a way to change the controls from up/down, accelerate/brake without changing the menu controls. I'm using an xbox 360 controller and it feels abit odd using triggers to navigate around the menu.

Also is there any chance that in the future we will be able to play over lan using split screen, 4 players as this game would then make an awesome addition to my lan parties. Thanks again

Posted: 30 Jan 2017, 23:41
Abc
technobone @ 30 Jan 2017, 08:49 AM wrote: Hi thanks for all the hard work remastering a classic, I'm just wondering if there's a way to change the controls from up/down, accelerate/brake without changing the menu controls. I'm using an xbox 360 controller and it feels abit odd using triggers to navigate around the menu.

Also is there any chance that in the future we will be able to play over lan using split screen, 4 players as this game would then make an awesome addition to my lan parties. Thanks again
first, wrong thread.

no, there isn't a way to change how you navigate within the menus without changing the racing controls.

no, but you can splitscreen in your computer and you can play single-screen over lan.