Page 1 of 1
Posted: 19 Nov 2016, 04:40
linuxguru
Any chance that RVGL will be ported to Raspberry Pi?

Thanks.

linuxguru

Posted: 19 Nov 2016, 05:47
revolting
I thought somebody was about to do that since last January

Posted: 29 Nov 2016, 04:59
Huki
linuxguru @ 19 Nov 2016, 04:40 AM wrote: Any chance that RVGL will be ported to Raspberry Pi?

Thanks.

linuxguru
Well yes, RVGL has been compiled successfully on ODROID before, so a generic ARM build for RPi, etc. is also possible. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the ODROID build should already work on any armhf architecture.
Here's the rvgl-odroid release page: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=20689
Direct link to where the package is hosted: rvgl-odroid (requires libgl-odroid)

Perhaps you can try it and let us know.

Posted: 23 Feb 2017, 02:48
linuxguru
I have tried the latest ODROID build on my Raspberry Pi 3. Sadly, it doesn't work correctly. The in-game menu works without any issues, but the actual gameplay has graphical glitches that make the game unplayable. According to the game log, there is a lot of missing OpenGL extensions.

Posted: 28 Feb 2017, 19:12
r6turboextreme
Are you also having a libGL error popup: Could not create GL context? That's what I have with my Pi right now. I installed both things (rvgl-odroid and libgl-odroid). The terminal says: LIBGL: Unable to create EGL display. http://pastebin.com/jbBDzrr9

I can't get the game to the frontend either way.
Any idea? I'd love to create a re-volt handheld and this is a good step in the right direction.

Posted: 01 Mar 2017, 03:42
Abc
try asking in the odroid forums

Posted: 04 Mar 2017, 05:40
linuxguru
r6turboextreme @ 28 Feb 2017, 02:42 PM wrote:Are you also having a libGL error popup: Could not create GL context? That's what I have with my Pi right now. I installed both things (rvgl-odroid and libgl-odroid). The terminal says: LIBGL: Unable to create EGL display. http://pastebin.com/jbBDzrr9

I can't get the game to the frontend either way.
Any idea? I'd love to create a re-volt handheld and this is a good step in the right direction.
It looks like you don't have a proper 3D acceleration enabled on your Pi. (Can be enabled in raspi-config under Advanced Options -> GL Driver.)

Posted: 04 Mar 2017, 20:11
Yohanov
I will soon have a Pi to play Dreamcast online (DreamPi), really curious to see how rvgl runs on it, will report back.

Posted: 18 Mar 2017, 12:09
Huki
linuxguru @ 23 Feb 2017, 02:48 AM wrote: I have tried the latest ODROID build on my Raspberry Pi 3. Sadly, it doesn't work correctly. The in-game menu works without any issues, but the actual gameplay has graphical glitches that make the game unplayable. According to the game log, there is a lot of missing OpenGL extensions.
The missing extensions are harmless as RVGL doesn't need/use any of those. From the screenshot you posted, it appears that the previous frame is not cleared before a new frame is rendered. Can you try a track that doesn't use a skybox, like Garden or Museum? Also post the re-volt.log file generated by the actual game - you can find it in the game's "profile" folder.

@r6te: in your case it could be as linuxguru said, so try following his advice:
linuxguru wrote:It looks like you don't have a proper 3D acceleration enabled on your Pi. (Can be enabled in raspi-config under Advanced Options -> GL Driver.)

Posted: 07 Apr 2017, 03:20
r6turboextreme
Hi Huki!

I got the game working. It runs quite OK, lowest settings it runs on 20-60fps on 640x350 with several drops, mainly cars affecting them. I cannot get a lower resolution than 640x350 though - is 480x320 possible at all? I hope so!
https://pastebin.com/R6GX3y0T

This pastebin is the re-volt.log file after opening Toys in the Hood 1 and closing the game. The skybox seems to be the issue indeed. How to fix this? Thanks!

Perhaps you know some other ways to improve performance. I allocated 128mb memory to the Pi, turned on GL via raspi-config.

Thanks still! I'm planning to create a handheld with multiplayer possibilities, but I prefer improving the performance first before starting.

P.S: the ball bearing is bugged, doesn't seem to reflect at all and looks weird.

Posted: 07 Apr 2017, 13:44
OdieHerpaderp
I've been able to get RVGL running on my Raspberry Pi2 using the provided advice from linuxguru and some additional help from r6te. I happen to have a capture card, so i went and shot some footage of the game running in 720x480.

Video 1
Video 2

I'll be more than happy to provide more footage and/or logs if need be.

PS. Don't mind the audio, my capture card doesn't handle HDMI audio very well when capturing it directly through OBS.

EDIT: I've managed to use the fake KMS in order to get cropping to work, and have managed to run RVGL at 528x332 ( an arbitrary resolution).

Toy World 528x332 near 60fps lock

Posted: 08 Apr 2017, 21:03
Huki
Very nice to see some working results. :)
r6turboextreme @ 7 Apr 2017, 03:20 AM wrote:I cannot get a lower resolution than 640x350 though - is 480x320 possible at all?
RVGL doesn't limit the resolution, so I guess it depends on the card / configuration. But Odie seems to have achieved arbitrary resolutions already.
r6te wrote:The skybox seems to be the issue indeed.
Thanks for confirming, I'll fix that in RVGL and ask the ODROID maintainer to update it, so you'll have to wait till then.
r6te wrote:P.S: the ball bearing is bugged, doesn't seem to reflect at all and looks weird.
Not sure, have you tried disabling reflections?