Page 1 of 1
Posted: 08 Oct 2016, 01:44
Zola
Recently, i've seen a video of a guy racing against other 100 ai cars, my question is:

It's possible? Are we actually able to race against that amount of cars?
If someone has this rv modificacion pleassse give me the link. ^_^

I'll let the video below, if you don't trust me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4wM9ehPaKk

Posted: 08 Oct 2016, 16:36
sebr
all you need to know is HERE

Posted: 10 Oct 2016, 02:30
Wichilie
It's a shame we can't enjoy a race like that, especially since Kenny mentioned he only had to change one value for it to work... Maybe a nice feature for RVGL if it is still that easy to edit after the rewrite? :D (Perhaps only in dev mode or through an easter egg so regular RVGL stays... regular)

Posted: 10 Oct 2016, 20:12
Ciccio
That could solve our problem with full rooms with the race of the day. If it still is that easy to edit.

Posted: 03 Feb 2017, 00:14
Broccoli
Thanks to the good man under the nickname zorbah, we can enjoy the game more than 100 cars. In recent years, through trial and error, we have solved the problem with the car falls texture (so the game is broken). Now everything is much better.
For information: Run the game should be an administrator.
In the build, there are several files to run. By name it is clear which of them to fix the problem. Do not ask me why I left old - it was just laziness.
Just say the build is a few tracks (this is me).[Link removed, because it contained a download of the full playable game and some of the content was possibly re-uploaded without permission.]

Posted: 03 Feb 2017, 05:16
Abc
it is better if you put the exe in your installation instead of using the provided files.

Posted: 03 Feb 2017, 06:13
VaiDuX461
@Broccoli: I would highly suggest you not to share the whole game in this forum, only executables. Also, I hope you got the permission from the person who shared the build with you to re-upload it.

Anyways, I'm leaving the link for now. But don't be surprised if it gets removed. I can change my mind anytime.

[Edit]: Yup, I decided to remove the link, Just to be safe.
The download link for one of Zorbah's custom game builds can be founded in his `Custom Weapon` topic. I'm not sure if it's the same though. Also contains game assets, but I'll keep it only for this occasion.

Posted: 03 Feb 2017, 16:40
Broccoli
VaiDuX461 @ 3 Feb 2017, 01:43 AM wrote: @Broccoli: I would highly suggest you not to share the whole game in this forum, only executables. Also, I hope you got the permission from the person who shared the build with you to re-upload it.

Anyways, I'm leaving the link for now. But don't be surprised if it gets removed. I can change my mind anytime.

[Edit]: Yup, I decided to remove the link, Just to be safe.
The download link for one of Zorbah's custom game builds can be founded in his `Custom Weapon` topic. I'm not sure if it's the same though. Also contains game assets, but I'll keep it only for this occasion.
Yes, in fact it's Weapon mod for Re-Volt. In this build, it is possible to start with 100+ cars. He also, incidentally, is laid on the channel creator of this build. I only put fixed (it is) version to spawn cars, which he made at my request. Do I need permission to publish the fact that the author himself has laid out?

[Vaid]: If he gave you the permission to publish/share the specific build, go ahead. I still suggest to only share the executable (.exe) files and a modified Fxpage2.BMP (for the custom weapon), at least on this forum. If there are any other modified assets specifically made for that build, those should be shared too, just not the whole game. That's the main reason why I removed your link.

Posted: 04 Feb 2017, 10:49
Abc
vaid: Pretty much both archives are the same except the exe perhaps.
if i were you i would remove zorbah link too... :|
just saying.
and apparently the youtuber author made the video public and the linked archive is in the video comments.

Posted: 04 Feb 2017, 14:42
Broccoli
Abc @ 4 Feb 2017, 06:19 AM wrote: vaid: Pretty much both archives are the same except the exe perhaps.
if i were you i would remove zorbah link too... :|
just saying.
and apparently the youtuber author made the video public and the linked archive is in the video comments.
Another .exe only due to the fact that the author solved the problem with spawn cars.

Posted: 07 Feb 2017, 02:54
zorbah
I have edited the dropbox file in the youtube comment section, now it only contains the build (new one, now the cars will fit in every track, idea sugested by Brocolli) and the gfx image needed for the weapon to show in the screen (2 dlls, also). I apologise for Brocolli's atitude, he asked if he could publish the link somewhere else and I said it was ok, I didn't think he would do it here.

@Broccoli Next time share the topic or the youtube link instead of the direct download link. Thanks

[Vaid]: Glad to hear that the contents of the archive were updated this soon. I intended to re-upload Broccolli's shared builds at one point, but it looks like it won't be needed now.

Posted: 07 Feb 2017, 05:00
Abc
the dlls are not really necessary, only Mss32.dll unless you're on win9x, there you also need the mss16.tsk
also mss32.dll is the original version which doesnt work properly on new systems, jig has on his site a download to a compatible updated mss32.dll

Posted: 07 Feb 2017, 05:02
Zola
Im a bit dissapointed because the build does not support custom cars ( or some of them). In the video the custom cars seems to work properly, in the build the cars appears without wheels :wacko: . Anyway good job zorbah!