Page 1 of 1
Posted: 18 May 2016, 23:24
d54321
Hello, first of all thank you for the great work you are doing bringing back this awesome game.
Me and some friends were planning to relive it but I am having some trouble with my gamepads. I have a TWIN USB GAMEPAD generics which run fine, but in 1.2 they crash the game with strange error: Integer division by zero. 0xc0000094 occured in the application at 0x003e3895. The addresses are not always the same. The game runs fine with my other game pad, but squeezing 3 people on a keyboard for a 4 player split screen is difficult.
Any Ideas what is causing the problem? Can I assist with some logs?

Posted: 19 May 2016, 02:58
Cat
Try using the -noforce command switch:

1) Right click on your Re-Volt shortcut.
2) Shortcut tab.
3) Add -noforce to the target destination [E:\ReVolt\ReVolt.exe -noforce]
4) Apply or Ok.

This disables FFB/vibration output, which causes Re-Volt to crash.

Posted: 19 May 2016, 10:51
d54321
Worked like a charm. I thought it might be the FFB but there was no option to disable it. Anyway thank you for the quick and useful reply, a 4-way split screen battle awaits. :D PS is the FFB not working for all controllers or there is something with these exactly?

Posted: 19 May 2016, 11:20
Cat
Glad it did.

The only FFB device I have is a PS to USB adapter. It would be useful if other members could test their joysticks and wheels with RV. Could it be that the game's FFB suport was tailored for the drivers of the brand wheels from around 1999?
eg: MS SideWinder Force FeedBack, Logitech WingMan Formula Force, Thrustmaster Nascar Force GT...

Posted: 19 May 2016, 14:15
Pyves
Well, I remember testing a wheel with Re-Volt when I was much younger (no idea of the brand), not too long after the game launched, and unfortunately I never manager to make it work. :huh:

A deep frustration in my childhood... :lol:

Posted: 19 May 2016, 22:49
Kipy
Pyves @ 19 May 2016, 09:45 AM wrote: Well, I remember testing a wheel with Re-Volt when I was much younger (no idea of the brand), not too long after the game launched, and unfortunately I never manager to make it work. :huh:

A deep frustration in my childhood... :lol:
Ask Dolo

Posted: 20 May 2016, 15:46
Pyves
Kipy @ 19 May 2016, 06:19 PM wrote:
Pyves @ 19 May 2016, 09:45 AM wrote: Well, I remember testing a wheel with Re-Volt when I was much younger (no idea of the brand), not too long after the game launched, and unfortunately I never manager to make it work.  :huh:

A deep frustration in my childhood...  :lol:
Ask Dolo
Well I no longer have that wheel, it was lent by one of my dad's colleagues for a few weeks at the time. ;)

Posted: 20 May 2016, 16:13
Abc
Have you tried checking if the crash exists in 1.0/1.1 too?
I had tried controllers with rumble and FFB but it never worked... (no crash but without ffb) (Actually i am not fully sure about it, i should try my sidewinder forcefeedback pro again :rolleyes:)
About wheels, nuclearythmics might know about FFB and revolt ^_^
:[%]:

Posted: 21 May 2016, 08:13
Cat
Abc @ 20 May 2016, 07:43 AM wrote: Have you tried checking if the crash exists in 1.0/1.1 too?
It does, at least under W7.

Also, my previous question here might be redundant since all the controller drivers of the late 90's already relied on DirectInput as passthrough to RV (if I'm not mistaken), thus the new question would be if feedback output worked in older Windows.

Posted: 21 May 2016, 17:45
sebr
was fully working on wondows 98 (and directx 6.1 from revolt cd)

and i'm sure it was working on windows XP (32 bit) SP2 and directx 9

never tryed on windows 7 and above (windows 8 don't see my joystick :( )

If I remember huki add some fix about that in last RVGL (16.0505a), did you try it ?