Page 1 of 1
Posted: 04 May 2016, 18:31
Phantom

Posted: 04 May 2016, 21:48
Kenny
I honestly would be surprised if it offered any significant amount of new (original) content compared to their previous "sequel".
And even more so if they improved the game engine (or switched to a different one).

But even if that was the case, as long as they're doing it mobile-only it'll always be inferior to the original.
I guess the best thing that could come out of this is that we could grab a few new cars (perhaps even levels) from there and convert it to the original.

Worst case is they just made another quick cash grab, but even then it shouldn't affect us too much since its mobile-only.

Posted: 05 May 2016, 23:59
RV_Passion
Well...we will see soon what this "re-volt 3" really is.

Posted: 08 May 2016, 23:41
Pyves
I've registered to the Early Bird Test, just to see what this new sequel is about. ;)

Posted: 28 May 2016, 21:25
Santiii727
Official Trailer

[youtube][/youtube]

Posted: 28 May 2016, 23:49
Manmountain
Is it me or did most of the tracks shown look a little flat, one height level ?

Posted: 29 May 2016, 16:50
sebr
Look like Need For Speed series game but with rc cars ...
As always WeGo don't create/inovate anything but just made a copy of what already exist ...
<_<

Posted: 30 May 2016, 15:01
Pyves
I was able to play the early bird game (and still am, although it was shut down during several days/weeks without any notice).

Here are my impressions after playing quite a lot on an earlier version of the beta (this may not still be valid in the final release).

Pros:
- to be fair they tried to bring some originality, and didn't copy paste the content from the original Re-Volt; all the tracks are new, even though there are some references to the original Re-Volt. They had good ideas on the car upgrade system, and even though I have only yet tried the campaign solo mode, the other modes seem interesting.
- the graphics are really nice for mobile, and the game runs smoothly; great work from the engineering team on these aspects.

Cons:
- the handling of the car is quite uncomfortable, it doesn't seem natural at all; the collision handling is bad too, you basically get bullied by the other cars. These are difficult aspects in any game, but there is definitely room for a lot of improvement.
- the sound is really bad; no more humming motors like in the original Re-Volt, which where really enjoyable in my opinion. The music is really bad as well, some sort of pseudo Daft Punk with a slight touch of country music in some tracks, that doesn't go well at all with the game.
- the powerups (plasma, fireworks, balloons of water) all have more or less the same effect (electrocutes the car) and operate in a radius; no more thrill of trying to aim correctly, not fun to use, and limited impact on the game; often you also hit yourself because of the radius.

Posted: 30 May 2016, 15:52
Abc
Great, they just made re-volt a glossy asian bull***** <_<
Apparently they brought it to worsen the image of the game, lets just forget them shall we?