Page 1 of 1
Posted: 30 Apr 2016, 08:02
ElectricBee
SebR helped me figure this one out; If you are running RV House in Linux and you're having issues with getting the UI to show, then all you need to do is download a DLL file. Since this file isn't available online anywhere else, consider yourselves special.

If, after you've done everything else you still cannot get the interface to show, download this file and save / copy it into your rv_house directory in Linux.

If you already have a Windows install, then do a search for a file called pthreadGC.dll and copy it into your Linux rv_house install.

Posted: 30 Apr 2016, 17:21
sebr
always happy to help B)

win user look here :
C:\Windows\System32

Posted: 03 May 2016, 21:50
Huki
Hmm, I upgraded my other computer to Lubuntu 16.04 (32-bit). Here's what I did:
- Upgraded and restarted the computer.
- Extracted latest rv_house archive.
- Put the included libACE-6.2.8.so in /usr/lib/.
Started rvhouse and it works fine.
The native linux version of rvhouse doesn't depend on any Windows dll to run, that makes no sense.

Sebr's suggestion about copying dll is for running Windows rvhouse build on Linux (with Wine). ;) This is because the rvhouse windows setup places some system dlls in C:\Windows\System32. If you attempt to run this installation from Linux, the dlls need to be placed in the folder for Wine to find it.

Btw, pthreadGC.dll is no longer used by rvhouse, that is from arto's old builds. My new builds use:
- libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
- libstdc++-6.dll
- libwinpthread-1.dll
Those are the dlls placed in system32.