Page 1 of 1
Posted: 27 Apr 2016, 23:41
MidiGuyDP
Hi there! I'm new, name's MidiGuyDP! :)

I recently got the newest re-volt rvgl, and it's real cool! :)

Though I had a question about the HUD for when you're playing the game.

For ages, I've been wanted to make it so the top 4, or 6, or 12 player names are displayed on the left side of the screen, like this:

Is this possible with the current version? If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated :)

Posted: 28 Apr 2016, 00:27
Kipy
My opinion is that the place where you put that, will be so annoying during the races.
On the right side is a 'free place' under lap and race counter:

So you want a HUD like this, right?

Well I always wanted a MAP like in NFS III to RV, but this game is fine as it is.

Posted: 28 Apr 2016, 02:33
MidiGuyDP
The rest of the HUD in Re-Volt would be the same. Just the addition of the top 4/6 races would make a nice addition.

Anywhere that makes sense would be ok. I was just thinking left because of Mario Kart 64 ;)

EDIT: And heck, as a bonus, color coding would be cool if it was possible to do that too. ^^

Posted: 02 May 2016, 02:42
Instant
It's a good idea. Here's my hud:

I think it should be transparent.
Of course, pick-up loader is not too important..

Do you like it? :lol:

Posted: 02 May 2016, 15:43
GiacomoJax
For me this is a great idea (that could be implemented with next patch)....but i prefer hud in the left like MidiGuy said.....for me it could annoy in the right too,so i prefer in the left.About the numer of players showed i suggest 4.

Posted: 02 May 2016, 17:06
Kipy
GiacomoJax @ 2 May 2016, 11:13 AM wrote: but i prefer hud in the left like MidiGuy said.....for me it could annoy in the right too,so i prefer in the left.
Well, whatever where we want to place it, it'll be annoying to someone whatever where is it

Posted: 02 May 2016, 18:02
Abc
hm, i would rather use the existing UI that is used to tell you lap positions:
every time a player crosses a lap make it show on the bottom with a lap counter. maybe splits too.
a scrolling text on the top might be less intrusive than have top 4 on the left or right like mario, actually i would make it graphical by using carboxes identifying cars(mainly in offline and probably wont work with all cars) the scrolling text idea is similar to what you see on television races

Posted: 02 May 2016, 19:48
Instant
Abc @ 2 May 2016, 01:32 PM wrote: hm, i would rather use the existing UI that is used to tell you lap positions:
every time a player crosses a lap make it show on the bottom with a lap counter. maybe splits too.
a scrolling text on the top might be less intrusive than have top 4 on the left or right like mario, actually i would make it graphical by using carboxes identifying cars(mainly in offline and probably wont work with all cars) the scrolling text idea is similar to what you see on television races
Good idea :thumbs-up:
Whatever, new patch should have a lot of settings with hud. I would prefer a whole hud update..

Posted: 20 May 2016, 00:41
GiacomoJax
Hi,watching a Kipy's video i tought that the HUD could be like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YksuTCLvt9Y
In this way we could have 6 positions and the distance based on the time and after how many time previous player arrived at the start.

Posted: 20 May 2016, 20:52
Kipy
My opinion is that ReVolt's hud is good as it is.