Page 1 of 1
Posted: 22 Apr 2016, 04:13
ElectricBee
Tested on Ubuntu MATE 16.04 LTS

After upgrading your version of Ubuntu, you may notice something odd; RVGL won't start, and demands libglew. To resolve this issue, you would think of doing sudo apt-get install libglew1.10:i386 first but that doesn't exist.

If you tab-complete, libGLEW 1.10 appears to exist, but it simply won't install. You can, on the other hand install libGLEW1.13:i386, as it should stand to reason the newer libGLEW could be equally as capable of helping to run the game, and after doing the following, the game executes and functions as expected with the little bit of testing I had done;

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libglew1.13:i386
cd /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
sudo ln -s libGLEW.so.1.13 libGLEW.so.1.10 # You can also do this the long way with the full filepath, cd just saves some effort when typed by hand.
As for what bugs using libGLEW 1.13 may rear, that will come only with time. But for someone who does upgrade their system and need to get their game running, this is the way to do it.

If you're on Linux Mint, my archive of libs in development, projects and tools should still work.

Posted: 22 Apr 2016, 22:46
sebr
or manualy add libglew1.10:i386 from here ?
should work too ... :huh:

but i'm not a linux master, i may be wrong ... :unsure:
didn't tested yet (still on xubuntu 15.04 because on 15.10 my revolt cd image don't work)

Posted: 23 Apr 2016, 07:19
ElectricBee
...You can, yeah. but I was talking about absolute sanity, without random libs acquired from elsewhere all over the place.

Though, you could put them in /opt and link them as you need to, certainly.

Posted: 23 Apr 2016, 20:58
Huki
libGLEW.so.1.10 (from the wily distribution) is included in the RVGL package, look inside the lib folder in the archive. You can safely put them in the system lib folder (/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu) as long as it doesn't overwrite anything (and it shouldn't), or you can keep them separately, maybe in /usr/local/lib.
sebr wrote:didn't tested yet (still on xubuntu 15.04 because on 15.10 my revolt cd image don't work)
I didn't know it worked on 15.04. :blink: What are you using to mount the image? I tried Furius ISO Mount and gCDEmu and Wolf can't detect either (I'm on 15.10).

Posted: 23 Apr 2016, 21:22
sebr
all you need is here
my message : 25 Aug 2013, 06:22 PM
and urnemanden : 7 Sep 2013, 01:48 PM

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
cdemu load 0 /path to/Re-Volt.CCD

Posted: 24 Apr 2016, 19:26
ElectricBee
I didn't know the libs came with RVGL. Hrm, maybe I should try those. But for people who want to keep their install lean, and run entirely off their distro's available libs, my approach works too.

The joys of Linux; Solutions to weird problems are everywhere, and numerous.