Page 1 of 1
Posted: 13 Apr 2016, 18:53
GiacomoJax
Hi guys,probably mine is only a stupid idea but i would to explain however:it could be funny to play some battle tags with bots....unfortunately this isn't a mod much played so some offline play shouldn't be bad ;)...samething for online races....there could be an option to enable bots,for examble if you races in 2 players,empy slot since 12 players could be fill with AI......thanks for who will answer.

Posted: 16 Apr 2016, 20:51
Sharbel
Yes!! I was thinking the same. With bots it would be much more fun! Especially if you're only against very few human players.

Make a car tier system as well. For example, if the human players chose the first tier/oldest cars, the bot cars would be the cars of the same tier too (e.g. you chose Sprinter XL, bot cars would be Dr. Grudge, Phat Slug, Harvester, etc).

Please someone make these features available for the sake of this game!! :D

Posted: 17 Apr 2016, 01:05
Alphacraft
I like this idea as well, but I'll bet there would be problems with the total absence of nodes for the AI players to follow in the battle tag maps, and lots of new code would need to be written for the bots to be able to play at a level that's even close to competent. Since Huki's the sole developer of RVGL at the moment, he has the final say in whether this gets implemented, because only he knows what it would take to make it a reality. Would be cool though B)

Posted: 17 Apr 2016, 12:22
MarvTheM
An implementation of something like A* would be needed and maybe a simple navmesh. That would do it for just following other cars. Then we would need an intelligent part that could figure out some tricks, e.g. jumping, cutting corners, tricking out other players... Navigation is rather easy to implement, but the other parts will be hard to polish, hard to get it to a competitive level.

In the end, I don't think it would be a decent challenge. It's most fun to hang out in a voice chat with friends from the community and then hysterically scream as the others claim the star.

Posted: 17 Apr 2016, 21:21
Abc
Hmmm, a separate AI designed for battles might need to be implemented since current ai is designed for racing...
Nodes would be different, a boundary instead of a lap.
it could be done but a lot of stuff requires to be coded like what the ai will do when they have the star, they need to know to jump, try finding the star, evasion, etc.
and... AI in multiplayer is something that might cause nightmares.

Posted: 20 Apr 2016, 10:09
zorbah
Why is that, ABC? I guess AI at battletags wouldn't worth the work of our comunity's patchers (for now, at least), but bots on multiplayer mustn't be impossible to implement. I think it's a thing to consider, it would be a fun feature to have in the future, specially on small multiplayer and lan games ^_^

Posted: 20 Apr 2016, 11:36
GiacomoJax
i'm not a programmer and i ever talk with the conditional,but maybe it's possible to record jumps and other tricks in battle tag and bots will casually repeat this moves.....this will make ai much real...i hear we(players)should record these moves.If you note in offline races bots follow an immaginary line,max 2,so the same thing should be possible to do in battle tag but it's hardest....there they have to find star and then should be able to escape from us.

Posted: 20 Apr 2016, 16:20
Abc
zorbah @ 20 Apr 2016, 01:39 AM wrote:
Why is that, ABC? I guess AI at battletags wouldn't worth the work of our comunity's patchers (for now, at least), but bots on multiplayer mustn't be impossible to implement. I think it's a thing to consider, it would be a fun feature to have in the future, specially on small multiplayer and lan games ^_^
desync issues mostly. implementing AI in multiplayer would mean that clients must send more packages to relay AI movements. its not impossible to implement but hard to make it a solid feature.
As said: could be done.
GiacomoJax @ 20 Apr 2016, 03:06 AM wrote:i'm not a programmer and i ever talk with the conditional,but maybe it's possible to record jumps and other tricks in battle tag and bots will casually repeat this moves.....this will make ai much real...i hear we(players)should record these moves.If you note in offline races bots follow an immaginary line,max 2,so the same thing should be possible to do in battle tag but it's hardest....there they have to find star and then should be able to escape from us.
no, AI will not be dynamic if they follow a recorded path. look at trackmania: they use replays and they look the same. AI != recording: AI functions real time with nodes, recordings are just a bunch of buttons being played back. please reread the opinion i previously said.

Posted: 20 Apr 2016, 19:18
GiacomoJax
Abc @ 20 Apr 2016, 11:50 AM wrote:
GiacomoJax @ 20 Apr 2016, 03:06 AM wrote:i'm not a programmer and i ever talk with the conditional,but maybe it's possible to record jumps and other tricks in battle tag and bots will casually repeat this moves.....this will make ai much real...i hear we(players)should record these moves.If you note in offline races bots follow an immaginary line,max 2,so the same thing should be possible to do in battle tag but it's hardest....there they have to find star and then should be able to escape from us.
no, AI will not be dynamic if they follow a recorded path. look at trackmania: they use replays and they look the same. AI != recording: AI functions real time with nodes, recordings are just a bunch of buttons being played back. please reread the opinion i previously said.
yes,in effect you're right....i hope this project will developed,it should be funny but never like playing with friends ;)