Page 1 of 1
Posted: 26 Mar 2016, 13:16
Gotolei
Something in the objects file of Freestoyle is making the game crash during track load.

Nothing particularly helpful in the log, it just cuts off after finishing with the horse.
http://pastebin.com/rY6rZ7Qy

Posted: 26 Mar 2016, 19:50
sebr
old bug

solution here B)

please next time use that tread above for all other custom track bug thx B)

Posted: 27 Mar 2016, 01:45
Gotolei
More of a workaround than a "solution" to be honest.
Four years and the underlying, game-crashing problem is still there.

I'll keep that thread in mind though.

Posted: 27 Mar 2016, 02:56
Huki
Gotolei @ 27 Mar 2016, 01:45 AM wrote: More of a workaround than a "solution" to be honest.
Four years and the underlying, game-crashing problem is still there.

I'll keep that thread in mind though.
No, sebr's solution is the definitive fix:
sebr @ 30 May 2012, 01:07 AM wrote:About Freestoyle isue Huki and Jig already found why
it's about the object : "object thrower" who can't be used with planet ...
on previous realease and v1.1 the object was loaded only when needed but in last alpha objects are loaded at the start ... we didn't found this isue with previous alpha on freestoyle because this object is on the top of the track and we can't  go on it  B)
Triggering the object thrower in Freestoyle will crash the original versions too, but luckily the object thrower is placed high up where the car cannot reach. In v1.2 the object throwers get pre-loaded, so the crash actually occurs.

Not all objects can be thrown through the object thrower; it's an unfortunate limitation, but it can't be improved without breaking backwards compatibility.

EDIT: I think I can fix the loading time crash. Then it will be like v1.1, it won't crash unless the thrower actually gets triggered. I'll see about it...