Page 1 of 1
Posted: 21 Mar 2016, 07:49
Pat S
I am trying to get back into creating extreme tracks for Re-Volt and am having a lot of fun with it. I remember most of the programs needed to make tracks with instances...but am having a problem with trying to map an instance to a different texture, using a different spot on the new texture sheet. I have looked at the mapping inside the Glue program...it doesn't seem to allow remapping of a specific .prm. Have also opened up the mapping progs from Chaos and the RVMinis5. None seem to be able to remap to a different place of a different tex sheet. I know I'm missing something easy because I have been able to do this in the past. It sucks getting old...memory fades. Can someone enlighten an old man, please?

Posted: 21 Mar 2016, 13:02
urnemanden
I believe RV GLue can do that with its texmap command. See the example in
http://perror.de/rv/rvtmod-doc/glue-use ... tml#texmap

EDIT: Oh right, that's only .w..

Maybe what you are looking for is RV-REMAP listed in here:
http://archive.kontek.net/rva.sportplan ... files.html

EDIT: oh, the link is dead...

This one should work from the CHAOS tools.
[url=http://revolt_f1.webs.com/RV%20Tools/Chaos%20RV%20Tools.zip]http://revolt_f1.webs.com/RV%20Tools/Chaos%20RV%20Tools.zip[/url]

Posted: 21 Mar 2016, 19:24
Pat S
Thank you for the timely response...when I attempt to run that program I get the error message...

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

Is there any way around this? As I look at the Chaos documentation, it doesn't appear as though this program will allow me to move the texturing to a different area of the new texture sheet. Maybe I'm wrong.

I know I used such a program before when I edited Re-Volt.

Once again, thank you for the help...this has always been a very helpful community. Pat S

Posted: 21 Mar 2016, 19:34
urnemanden
you can also do it with ZModeler or blender. i dont know of any other commandline tool though.

Posted: 21 Mar 2016, 21:30
Pat S
Thank you for your response...I appreciate the help.

Posted: 23 Mar 2016, 17:11
Manmountain
Yo Pat, long time no see. B)

Have you tried to do it in separate stages ?
1st remap to other texture sheet, 2nd remap to different area of the sheet.

Posted: 28 Mar 2016, 02:39
Pat S
"Have you tried to do it in separate stages ?
1st remap to other texture sheet, 2nd remap to different area of the sheet."

MM, great to hear from you...it HAS been a long time, no? I am simply
amazed at all of the changes and improvements on the Re-Volt forums. Techies abound nowadays, for sure.

I am not having a problem changing texture sheets; the problem I have is trying to map to a different location of the second texture sheet. Chaos' program seems like it would do the trick, but I'm not able to open it with my current computer. I used to be able to do this with ease, so I was hoping that I was just missing something simple. C'est la vie. To be honest, I think that any editing I do will be for my own enjoyment. Everyone's a critic nowadays.

Again, great to connect with you, MM. You were always a great help to me.

Posted: 28 Mar 2016, 02:58
Pat S
"RV-ReMap is a tool to move texture-references in a model file (.prm or .m) from one texture sheet to another."

I stand corrected, MM. The RVMinis tool above will move individual instance's textures from one sheet to another, but not to different locations, I think. And this is the program that I can't open. Chaos' program seems to allow remapping to different areas, but not with individual instances. Maybe I'm missing something simple...can't remember what I ate for Easter dinner a few hours ago.

Posted: 28 Mar 2016, 03:06
Manmountain
Pat S @ 27 Mar 2016, 10:28 PM wrote:Maybe I'm missing something simple...can't remember what I ate for Easter dinner a few hours ago.
lol :lol:

Posted: 28 Mar 2016, 04:37
Kenny
Pat S @ 21 Mar 2016, 02:54 PM wrote: when I  attempt to run that program I get the error message...

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."
I never used those programs you mentioned myself but the message generally indicates that the program you're trying to execute is meant to run on a 16-bit OS which nowadays OS don't support anymore (I believe 32-bit Win XP was the last Windows to feature a compatibility mode for such programs).

However assuming that its not a fancy GUI tool meant for a a non-DOS environment it should be relatively easy to get it working on a more recent OS using DosBox.

Check here for setup and configuration, if there is anything more you'd like to know regarding DosBox feel free to ask.