Page 1 of 1
Posted: 05 Mar 2016, 09:15
Santiii727
This is a track view of the track 'Ruddles County' by the ARM team. This is not a typical race track. It's the first free-roaming track designed for Re-Volt.

More info at: Link

Video
[youtube][/youtube]

Posted: 05 Mar 2016, 16:59
RevoltNoob
Man... this work... is just amazing!! such an endurance track!! :'o':
Really good work. In my opinion one of the best tracks ever made.
Those car scaled towns are impressive.

Does your team mind to split the track in more tracks with less length?
Finished environment? Is this the done yet? I think you should add more ideas like rocks falling down or whatever you want in order to not make it monotone. Because those climbs could be bored.
Pick ups? :pickup: Arrow tracks? (Think they're needed)

Awesome work :) :yeah:

Posted: 05 Mar 2016, 18:13
Manmountain
WOW Amazing !!
Hour's and hour's of free roaming, fantastic.

I did not think the physical limitations of the game could support a track of this size.

Is it ready for general release ?

:thumbs-up: :X: :X: :X: :X: :X:

Posted: 05 Mar 2016, 23:37
nevermind
If you drive carelessly you might get falling into the void out of bounds or stuck in some areas and repositioning your car makes nothing (and it takes a while to reload).

Aside from that, this track is BRILLIANT :thumbs-up:

Posted: 06 Mar 2016, 08:28
Abc
Nice track, haven't downloaded it but i recommend to play it with RVGL and DEV mode since it work in progress it seems.
:thumbs-up:

Posted: 06 Mar 2016, 21:00
Manmountain
The download page is HERE

Posted: 06 Mar 2016, 21:48
sebr
1 big track for 1 big video B)

could become a great 99 star stunt arena :P

Posted: 07 Mar 2016, 00:21
nevermind
sebr @ 6 Mar 2016, 05:18 PM wrote:could become a great 99 star stunt arena  :P
Or maybe a bunch of rally tracks :P

Posted: 07 Mar 2016, 01:00
Black-Revolt001
it would be good whether a circuit trace ...

Posted: 07 Mar 2016, 03:20
Kenny
It would be quite interesting to see how a battle tag race would turn out on this track with 12 (or more) players, assuming the lag wouldn't be an issue.

Posted: 07 Mar 2016, 04:44
sebr
Kenny @ 6 Mar 2016, 10:50 PM wrote: It would be quite interesting to see how a battle tag race would turn out on this track with 12 (or more) players, assuming the lag wouldn't be an issue.
=> nightmare :D

Posted: 07 Mar 2016, 04:56
VaiDuX461
Kenny @ 6 Mar 2016, 11:50 PM wrote:It would be quite interesting to see how a battle tag race would turn out on this track with 12 (or more) players
*engages Benny Hill theme*

In all seriousness, I don't think it would be a very good idea. The area is too plain/has too many straight roads for Battle Tag. And since we know that a player who holds a star/green light is a tad bit slower than other players, it would be an easy catch.
Nevermind (person) mentioned about the possibility to go out of bounds, and it is a serious issue in BTag, as car reposition triggers are useless in that mode. Basically, any area with a missing collision wall breaks Battle Tag.
---
The track/arena is indeed one of the firsts of its kind to this game. Definitely impressive. Aside from that, it is not very practical to use with available game modes.
It looks like the level was made as a concept or to show game engine capabilities. Mainly, a possibility to have open areas.

Posted: 07 Mar 2016, 15:26
Huki
@Santi: This is incredible, thanks for sharing. Are they using Blender or something else?

@Vaid: The track is still in beta AFAIK.. repositioning will be possible hopefully once track zones (and ai nodes?) are done.

EDIT:
rcounty readme wrote:Track lenght: Re-Volt failed to calculate it.
Some of the posnode links were reversed, that's why the calculation fails. I fixed them and it works. :)
http://i.imgur.com/QrnhkZe.jpg
Download the fixed pan file here. This was edited over the pan file with date modified 15 November 2014.

Posted: 08 Mar 2016, 18:45
Black-Revolt001
Huki @ 7 Mar 2016, 10:56 AM wrote: @Santi: This is incredible, thanks for sharing. Are they using Blender or something else?

@Vaid: The track is still in beta AFAIK.. repositioning will be possible hopefully once track zones (and ai nodes?) are done.

EDIT:
rcounty readme wrote:Track lenght: Re-Volt failed to calculate it.
Some of the posnode links were reversed, that's why the calculation fails. I fixed them and it works. :)
http://i.imgur.com/QrnhkZe.jpg
Download the fixed pan file here. This was edited over the pan file with date modified 15 November 2014.
it is long but not drawn, so we can do anything
no race or chrono

Posted: 09 Mar 2016, 14:17
Kipy
It should be 2-3-4 different track in one body, just like Lo Scassatore did with his some tracks.

Posted: 13 Mar 2016, 13:53
Black-Revolt001
Someone could trace the circuit, as it is not

Posted: 15 Mar 2016, 23:40
RichyDude
That is delightful! What programs did you use?

Posted: 22 Mar 2016, 17:56
Black-Revolt001
or is finalizing the route, because I am anxious to try it.

Posted: 22 Mar 2016, 18:56
nevermind
Black-Revolt001 @ 22 Mar 2016, 01:26 PM wrote:or is finalizing the route, because I am anxious to try it.
This track is probably not intended to be a race one, as it has been shown as a 'free roaming' track.

Posted: 29 Mar 2016, 16:54
Black-Revolt001
Yet it is drawn, it lacks the pos modes

Posted: 15 May 2016, 15:59
Ciccio
Thanks Huki for the fixed pan file. I'm uploading this to ARM, thank you so much, I'm glad you like the track. This track will be finally relased out of beta with the mod made by FBV called "Adeon Network Mayhem".

Posted: 15 May 2016, 17:03
GiacomoJax
Bel lavoro ragazzi!

But now i want the ranger car!
http://it.tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo= ... h4l5k2TGxc

[Vaid]: Avoid double posting; use edit button instead.

Posted: 16 May 2016, 02:04
Pyves
This is awesome, I've just downloaded it and am having great fun! Thanks for sharing! ;)

Posted: 28 May 2016, 23:53
Black-Revolt001
I had not seen who had a folder OLD AINODES ( Circuito su tutta la mappa ) in the folder's custom, used to finalize the circuit
but it is completely missed, because to place the arrow makes us turn around

Posted: 29 May 2016, 00:21
Ciccio
The problem are the pos nodes. You should download the fixed pos nodes that huki posted a couple posts ago.

Posted: 29 May 2016, 00:35
Black-Revolt001
Ciccio @ 28 May 2016, 07:51 PM wrote: The problem are the pos nodes. You should download the fixed pos nodes that huki posted a couple posts ago.
I have downloaded this file, but the problem is still present

Posted: 30 May 2016, 17:46
Black-Revolt001
The author is in the process of verification and keep myself informed.

Posted: 04 Mar 2017, 17:04
Pyves
The track was updated again a few months ago with some visual improvements and and new areas to explore! I highly recommend to check it out! (download: Ruddles County)!

It's also possible to actually race the track and not just play it in free roam: you just have to launch it in reverse or mirror. ;)

Posted: 05 Mar 2017, 11:36
Abc
reverse, not mirror :)

Mirror is just mirroring the entire world which does not need anything special and a hardcoded mirroring

Reverse is a different story because to allow different paths files need to exist separately. not just reversing. as in, sometimes you cant reverse because of one way section or such.

the most interesting part is that you actually can make a completely new track with just reverse folder and the same track world

Posted: 06 Mar 2017, 02:27
Pyves
Abc @ 5 Mar 2017, 07:06 AM wrote: reverse, not mirror :)
Good to know, I had only tried in reverse and assuming the same would be true for mirror! :lol: