Page 1 of 1
Posted: 03 Mar 2016, 23:15
Phantom
Hi, what exactly does this error mean? What are the specifics and how to fix it?

There's a player in gameranger who's running Re-Volt on Windows XP and when he tries to host or join races the game suddenly terminates, so I asked him to check the multiplayer menu offline. When he goes to Start Game, Multiplayer, Multiplayer Mode window he only has the Splitscreen option. If he presses right key or left key the LAN option and the Internet option that in theory should appear don't appear. And when he presses Join game he gets the mentioned error above.

I can't find specific info about this error, the only thing I got is a post from 2006 without solution, a post by Thefactor82 mentioning he also has this error, and a comment by Jigebren asking somebody if he had that error, but no solution.

Old post:
http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index ... ic=18741.0

Posted: 04 Mar 2016, 17:59
Kenny
So when he is connected to the internet and tries to join/host, the message box doesn't appear and the game just terminates?

As for the case where the message box appears, does the title also say DPERR_UNAVAILABLE like mentioned in the link that you provided or does he get something different?

Posted: 04 Mar 2016, 23:12
Huki
Either DirectPlay is not installed or the installation became corrupt. Reinstall DirectX or reinstall Windows or use RVGL...

Posted: 05 Mar 2016, 07:03
Abc
he's probably a limited user, directx not properly installed (slimmed installation), he has ports closed, something is not properly given, the connection type is incorrect, Apparently 1.2/RVGL know when DirectPlay is unavailable.

Posted: 06 Mar 2016, 14:05
Phantom
Thanks Huki!!! He reinstalled Windows XP and now it works. :)
So when he is connected to the internet and tries to join/host, the message box doesn't appear and the game just terminates?
It didn't appear hosting or joining via gameranger. We discovered it when I suggested to test the offline multiplayer menu.
Does the title also say DPERR_UNAVAILABLE like mentioned in the link that you provided or does he get something different
Yes, that was the title.

It would be nice to make another post for the can't enum sessions error. That one is another error not documented. I don't know why developers love putting those weird names to the errors.

Posted: 08 May 2017, 05:22
kingram
Hello folks, you just have to add the client service for net ware in your network connection.
open network and sharing center
(right click)--- properties
select client for microsoft network
click install
add client
restart your computer
it's done :D

Posted: 08 May 2017, 17:27
MarvTheM
kingram @ 8 May 2017, 12:52 AM wrote: Hello folks, you just have to add the client service for net ware in your network connection.
open network and sharing center
(right click)--- properties
select client for microsoft network
click install
add client
restart your computer
it's done :D
That's very helpful, thank you very much!

Posted: 09 May 2017, 01:41
Abc
That's the most pointlesss thing i've ever seen
it's not really that helpful
netware is no longer used, requires ipx/spx and slightly changes logon
reported for bumping