Page 1 of 1
Posted: 15 Feb 2016, 05:06
Hot Violet
Hiya. I'm new to the game and (obviously!) the forum.

I've only been playing for a few days but I've fallen in love with it. Ironically, I've had the game in my Dreamcast collection for about 15 years and have never touched it. I remember at the time that everyone I spoke to (before I picked the game up for 75p) dismissed it as rubbbish... What a fool I've been! It's pretty much the perfect racing game for me. Easy to pick up, hard to master and doesn't take itself too seriously - a bit like me. :P

I was looking around online for POD Gold websites when I came across the Re-Volt Wikia page. That's what piqued my interest. I went straight to GOG, got the PC version, installed it, ruined the install by updating with WolfR4 then adding the latest 1.2 Alpha patch, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, updated to the new 1.2 alpha patch again, got soundly trounced in the first cup 314 times and then came here... It's been a busy day!

So, here I am. Just wanted to say hiya. :)

Posted: 15 Feb 2016, 06:46
Phantom
Welcome dude! :hi-bye:

I'm happy you love the game as much as we do. If there's anything we can help you with, just write a post in the appropriate section and we'll be glad to answer it.

Posted: 15 Feb 2016, 19:19
Hot Violet
^
Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

I do have one quick question. Where can I legitimately buy the game? I went to GOG in the first instance as that's where a Youtuber recommended in their video. For some reason, they've taken it down and I don't really want to buy it on Steam if it's there. I had to 'acquire' the PC version through other means.

I'm not the greatest content creator on any forum I visit but I'm certainly an 'ideas' man so I'm sure I'll have loads more questions over time though!

Posted: 15 Feb 2016, 19:31
Phantom
Unfortunately there's currently no way to legitimately buy the game. I wish Re-Volt goes back to market as soon as possible but as the only developers who could make that possible are just simple members of this forum and the patches they've created are still under development, it's a grey area for the moment. The company that holds the rights to sell the game hasn't cared much about the PC version either so nobody knows when it will happen. Keep fingers crossed.

Posted: 15 Feb 2016, 19:54
Hot Violet
Ah, okay. I'll tread lightly around this subject then.

Thanks for replying. :)