Page 1 of 1
Posted: 08 Feb 2016, 22:23
Instant
Helo.
I wonder how to apply surface types to the mesh.

Posted: 08 Feb 2016, 23:05
Phantom
I think it has to do with the surface properties. RV Glue should allow you to modifiy it. I'm not sure if there are more modern tools that can also do it more easily.

Check this tutorial by hi-ban on how to add snow surface effect:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Revolt_Live/ ... topic=2330

Posted: 08 Feb 2016, 23:51
VaiDuX461
Exactly as Phantom just said. You need to use RVGlue (part of RVTMod tools) to change specific track area surface.
"GRAVEL" surface, aka number 15, should create similar particle effect shown in your picture. (I don't remember, if it's the right one. Looks like 'pebbles' to me, so try number 14, in case.)
List of surface number codes (There must be a better documentation about surface codes out there, probably in RVGlue's manual, lazy to look)
If it's not the number 15 or 14, then try other codes in my link above. "DIRT" ones (18, 19, 20) make sense too, but I can't remember how they work.

[Edit]: Actually... 'pebbles' look grey, whoops :lol:, so try 'dirt'.

Posted: 09 Feb 2016, 00:19
Instant
I am not sure how to do this with rvg.

[Vaid]: RVTMod (and RVGlue) has included instructions in its archive. Explaining here step by step would be a hassle.
To answer this quick, both .bat and .txt files are necessary.

Posted: 09 Feb 2016, 00:24
MightyCucumber
This topic got my attention: are there any plans to include track editing features in RVGL that aren't kinda useless like the orignal track editor?

You see, it'd be awesome if we could edit effects such as these without depending on other (and outdated) programs like RV Glue (I didn't even know RV Glue was capable of doing that...).

By the way, what else can RV Glue and other programs (aside from standard 3d modelling ones like Blender or 3DS Max) do regarding track editing? Just curious about this, since I've ever felt that the original track editor and even the -dev mode editing options were kinda lackluster.

Posted: 09 Feb 2016, 00:28
MarvTheM
If you're using the Blender Plugin you can refer to this short guide:

http://re-volt.me/rvm/content-creation/surface-types

Posted: 09 Feb 2016, 00:55
Instant
Sadly no.

Posted: 10 Feb 2016, 23:45
RichyDude