Page 1 of 1
Posted: 07 Feb 2016, 22:37
revolted.user.1990
Hello!
I am very confused. I tried everything. Here are the issues:
- I installed rv house v0.93.7. - OK
- I made an account on revolt zone website. That went fine.
- I tried to connect to rv house client, with the user created at the second step. Surprise: „Can't login: Invalid User ID, must be 4 to 20 characters and can contain characters a-z, A-Z, 1-9 and _”
(I've chosen a user name that contains „ . ”)
What is that supposed to mean? The website and the client cannot agree on such an important thing: the signup/login/user?

By the way_1: first I installed an older client version, because there were no traces that could lead me to a newer version; only after I repeatedly opened and exited the client, I received a message with a new version link. And that's how I learn where the latest version of RVhouse is.
But the login problem still remains, even with the new client version.

By the way_2: is Re-volt 12.07 patch (that includes the game and the patch 12.07) from revoltrace.net the same with Re-volt (whatever version) patched with 1.2? Because I tried to patch the first thing with rv1.2a13.0815_setup, and it fails.

I am sorry if I seem rude, but I am really confused, because I already used 3 e-mail accounts for this, and still no success.
I am also sorry if this topic has already been debated and solved. Maybe you could give me that link...

Thank you!

Posted: 07 Feb 2016, 22:53
Phantom
Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou!

Maybe like this the admin will see that the login and registration system desperately needs changes!

You seem to have done everything right from my point of view. What has happened to you happens to other hundreds of new users that every day want to join our community but suffer from registration problems.

Wait for the admin's answer. Maybe he can improve the registration system so you can login!

Posted: 07 Feb 2016, 23:04
revolted.user.1990
@Phantom: thank you, too. It`s a pity this problem occurs. Re-volt is a game of many childhoods. I will wait for a response. Hope dies last. :)

Posted: 08 Feb 2016, 10:39
Gotolei
Is the login failure on the clients-side or server-side? If the username works on rvz then it might be up to rvh to properly sanitize its inputs instead of just blocking everything.

Posted: 08 Feb 2016, 15:50
revolted.user.1990
The login failure is on the client-side. I have no problems logging in the re-volt zone.
I didn`t even know rvz and rvh are managed by two different entities...

Posted: 08 Apr 2016, 01:24
arto
Pff... RV House login should never have been tied to RVZ. It's a remnant of the times that I had RVZT and it was just easy to use that as free host for storing the login information.

If this is a huge problem perhaps I can make a separate login database for RVH? The downside would be that everyone would have to register again.

Posted: 08 Apr 2016, 03:56
Huki
arto @ 8 Apr 2016, 01:24 AM wrote: Pff... RV House login should never have been tied to RVZ. It's a remnant of the times that I had RVZT and it was just easy to use that as free host for storing the login information.

If this is a huge problem perhaps I can make a separate login database for RVH? The downside would be that everyone would have to register again.
A better solution would be to just remove the limitation on special symbols in RV House login, if possible. I'll look into it, but let me know what you think.

Posted: 08 Apr 2016, 10:24
arto
Huki @ 7 Apr 2016, 11:26 PM wrote:
arto @ 8 Apr 2016, 01:24 AM wrote: Pff... RV House login should never have been tied to RVZ. It's a remnant of the times that I had RVZT and it was just easy to use that as free host for storing the login information.

A better solution would be to just remove the limitation on special symbols in RV House login, if possible. I'll look into it, but let me know what you think.
By all means remove any checks that conflict with what RVZ expects.

Posted: 08 Apr 2016, 12:57
Phantom
I agree with arto. RV House login should never have been tied to RVZ and should have its own registration independent of revoltzone. If this is doable, is there a way to create a database that is viewable from a website like currently RVZ has? As a moderator in revoltzone I'm allowed to view certain player's info (in form of profiles) not available to everybody so that players can be contacted when needed, know where they come from, etc in order to keep a good control of the newly registered users. In fact, this has been one of the few positive things of RVZ so far. The only missing info in the current profiles is country, which I'm desperately looking forward to have it added. If this is achievable with profiles as well, then it's definitely the best solution possible.

For me the priorities of Re-Volt Zone regarding RV House have always been:

• That RV House registration system should allow full registration directly from RV House without having to register in the RVZ website first.

• That RV House registration system should not require account activation through the link that is currently sent to e-mail. This was not required before RVZ and nobody died. The activation requirement is unnecessary. It makes the registration process too complicated because not everybody realize they have to activate it and it only acted as a filter to let people in.

And regarding the profiles info I'm obliged to suggest:

• To add the option to select country when new users register.
As explained before, the most useful thing about the search system in revoltzone is that it lets me know and help the newest users that registered to play on RVHouse, even when I'm not online I can contact them, assist them via e-mail. As a moderator, I've been thanked infinitely by new players for the help I could offer through this. Having this information day by day has been very useful, but not knowing the country represents a problem to identify users appropriately. We all want to meet people from our country that play this game online and we'd like to know how many re-volt fans are around us as well. With the country info I could offer more localized help as a moderator and helper and it would permit us all realize the popularity of the game in each country. If every user could fill their country info when they first register, it would be wonderful so we will know when somebody near us has registered, contact them, get in touch.

Just removing the limitation on special symbols means hotfixing part of the problem when the real problem of the registration system is the activation requirement and rvhouse's independence with revoltzone. If I recall correctly, revolted.user.1990 could log in only after I suggested checking his e-mail for the activation code. What if I hadn't been there? I can confirm this because it's not only the users picking nicknames with special symbols who have troubles; it's the ones who have been filtered out by this unnecessary requirement.

Posted: 10 Apr 2016, 20:48
Huki
Phantom @ 8 Apr 2016, 12:57 PM wrote:• That RV House registration system should allow full registration directly from RV House without having to register in the RVZ website first.
Do you mean the Register option in RVHouse doesn't work? Is it broken?
• That RV House registration system should not require account activation through the link that is currently sent to e-mail. This was not required before RVZ and nobody died. The activation requirement is unnecessary. It makes the registration process too complicated because not everybody realize they have to activate it and it only acted as a filter to let people in.
Activation is definitely needed IMO, otherwise there is nothing preventing users from entering a fake email address. Then we have no way of getting in touch with the user (eg, to inform about a rejection of their content submission). Basically it makes registration itself pointless if the information provided is false.
The way I see it, people should be able to read / use our programs and websites without having to register, but if they choose to register, they should provide correct info and take the time to activate. What I mean is, we can consider allow guest login in rvhouse (guests can appear in red, for example).

I personally prefer one account to be used throughout all re-volt sites. In case of invisionfree, sharing accounts across forums doesn't seem possible but at least rvhouse and revoltzone should use the same login...
On the other hand, if the majority of users feel rvhouse should have it's own database and arto is willing to work on it, I have nothing against it.

EDIT:
I just tried registering an account directly from RVHouse and it worked. I got this dialog upon completion:
Registered successfully. If you can't login with your User ID and password, check your e-mail for validation confirmation before logging in.
That looks perfect for me, we don't seem to be missing anything.

Posted: 16 May 2017, 08:59
yosoynacho
i have the same problem, i already tried with 3 different accounts