Page 1 of 1
Posted: 17 Jan 2016, 21:15
sebr
this Linux realease and previouse one ask for "english.txt" and "French.txt" ... strainge ...

and because i can't change language (don't remember how) i can't check others ones ...

and previous profiles isn't read corectly :blink:

Posted: 18 Jan 2016, 01:35
Huki
sebr @ 17 Jan 2016, 09:15 PM wrote: this Linux realease and previouse one ask for "english.txt" and "French.txt" ... strainge ...

and because i can't change language (don't remember how) i can't check others ones ...

and previous profiles isn't read corectly  :blink:
Strange, it works fine for me. Maybe you actually have (or had) a French.txt file, and this was saved as your language choice.
You can change the language from Options -> Game settings.
About profiles not loaded correctly: can you upload your entire "profiles" and "strings" folders so I can check?

Posted: 18 Jan 2016, 04:37
sebr
profiles.7z i had 2 profiles : sebr and test
strings.7z only french need a F...

Posted: 19 Jan 2016, 04:09
Huki
sebr @ 18 Jan 2016, 04:37 AM wrote:profiles.7z i had 2 profiles : sebr and test
strings.7z only french need a F...
Ok, the problem is the case-sensitive nature of Linux filesystem. On Windows there is no difference between French.txt and french.txt (both point to the same file). Your profile saved "French.txt" as your selected language, so it works on Windows in any case but on Linux it looks for a file with the exact case.

Your profile loading problem is similar: RVGL always saves the progress in lower case like nhood1.level, muse2.level, etc. On Windows, you already had those files in mixed case: NHood1.level, Muse2.level, etc., but these get loaded correctly. On case-sensitive Linux, these files are not loaded, instead new files in lowercase get created.
You can look in your "sebr" profile where you have 2 files for each stock level: the ones in mixed case are your existing ones that you had in Windows, and the ones in lower case are new ones generated when you ran rvgl on Linux (these new ones don't have your progress).

To fix everything, first delete the newly generated lowercase stock progress (the nhood1.level ... wild_west2.level with very recent date modified; don't delete stunts.stunt as it's already lowercase originally). Then, run the fix_cases script in main rvgl folder: this will rename all rvgl files including your old progress to lowercase. Then finally, to fix the saved language, either edit your "sebr/profile.ini" and correct "French.txt to "french.txt", or go to Game Settings and change to different language and change it back.

I've done this for you anyway, but I think the answer will be useful for some other Linux user in the future. ;) I still recommend running the fix_cases script, because it will fix any mixed case filenames in your custom cars or tracks.
Download your fixed profile and lang files here.

Posted: 20 Jan 2016, 01:33
sebr
THX works better now :lol: