Page 1 of 1
Posted: 13 Jan 2016, 22:38
Gustavo6046
Usually in makeitgood mode, Scroll Lock would toggle fast and slow camera. With RVGL/Revolt 1.2 it isn't working! It does no effect. I am in Dev mode of RVGL.

Posted: 13 Jan 2016, 23:37
Huki
Gustavo6046 @ 13 Jan 2016, 10:38 PM wrote: Usually in makeitgood mode, Scroll Lock would toggle fast and slow camera. With RVGL/Revolt 1.2 it isn't working! It does no effect. I am in Dev mode of RVGL.
It does work with 1.2, but it's not supported in RVGL. We currently have no way to get the Scroll Lock state in SDL, so it can't be supported like before. I was thinking about treating scroll lock like any other key: i.e., you have to press and hold the scroll lock key to speed up the camera (as opposed to turning it "on"). Is that ok with you?

Posted: 15 Jan 2016, 22:00
Gustavo6046
Huki @ 13 Jan 2016, 07:07 PM wrote: I was thinking about treating scroll lock like any other key: i.e., you have to press and hold the scroll lock key to speed up the camera (as opposed to turning it "on"). Is that ok with you?
Why not another key? Say, using a bool and each time some key is pressed (for instance, the . in NumPad) the bool is toggled and determines camera speed? Or maybe it's an integer that stores camera speed, NumDot speeds it up and NumComma speeds it down? That would be "aah, much better!" (imitates Duke's voice with the portable medikit)
[hide=offtopic]
What happened with jig?
[/hide]

Posted: 25 Mar 2016, 23:35
sebr
Note: Split from RVGL thread.
MarvTheM @ 24 Mar 2016, 11:19 PM wrote:
What do you suggest? (it should be something that doesn't conflict with other keys in Makeitgood mode).
Tilde key (`/~)
not this key plz, you have "2" on this key who is already in use somewhere on the makeitgood (Ai-Nodes if I don't make any mystake)

I think F, G, H, J, K, F7 & F8 aren't in use on MAKEITGOOD (need to check this)

Posted: 29 Mar 2016, 17:07
Huki
@sebr: The key Marv mentioned is the key to the left of 1, above TAB. On the US QWERTY keyboard ~ is on this key. I think on the French keyboard the tilde is on 2. It doesn't matter because we are only talking about the top left corner key (tilde on the US keyboard).

Anyway, how about we use CapsLock or NumLock? We can detect those states. Which one do you guys prefer? I don't think they are used for anything currently, I'll confirm later...

Posted: 29 Mar 2016, 18:04
MarvTheM
Definitely Caps Lock in this case.

Posted: 30 Mar 2016, 00:13
sebr
damn french AZERTY keyboards !! B) (you are true Huki)

NumLock is needed so why not Caps Lock :P

Posted: 12 May 2016, 10:12
Gotolei
Doesn't seem to be working for me in the linux version (16.0505a). Caps lock has no effect in any freecam I try.

https://streamable.com/xiak

It does work through rvgl.exe in wine though, but only for movements caused by the keyboard.