Page 1 of 1
Posted: 10 Jan 2016, 01:14
Huki
Re-Volt v1.2 has been updated.

It's been almost an year since v1.2 Alpha 15.0330 was released. RVGL has definitely taken over as my priority and I feel it's stable for public use. Unless you really feel the need to stick to v1.2, don't hesitate to install RVGL and use it instead of v1.2. It's simple, and it's natively supported by RV House.

There was some work done by jigebren back in April that was never officially released. Most of you online players are probably using test builds like 0406 or 0418. Also, spectator mode was broken in the last available builds.
I got some time this weekend to merge jigebren's work and fix the spectator mode, so I've finally updated the official build on the website. As usual, check the changelog for a full list of changes.

Download the new Alpha release 15.0420 here (changelog | doc).

~ Huki & jigebren

Posted: 10 Jan 2016, 06:43
Phantom
Getting closer to a proper final version of v1.2. This is a step forward to celebrate. :yeah:

:cheers: :applause:

Posted: 10 Jan 2016, 20:36
Abc
Does it break/block versions?

Also why some people stick to old versions? bad features? regressions? fix of non-broken stuff?
Maybe its spirirt in this case since its SDL/OGL/FOSS vs DX

Posted: 10 Jan 2016, 23:08
Phantom
Yes it's not compatible with 0330 or 0418 but people are already downloading it. We had a 12 players race in gameranger last night. :thumbs-up:

Posted: 12 Jan 2016, 06:20
Serflex
Hello!

So I had Phantom & Mudd help me install the game. 0330 worked fine, however 0420 had/(has) a strange issue where the game wouldn't run properly and the opening loading logo screens would flicker very quickly and a pause icon would appear in the top left. Here is a picture:

http://i.imgur.com/xmj6CNG.jpg

The game seemed to be pausing and flickering while trying to load, it didn't work on 0420 at all. Yet 0330 worked so well 3 minutes earlier.

Adding "- window" to the exe worked, running 0420 in windowed mode no problem. However launching revolt from Gameranger in windowed mode isn't possible(?) so this only let me play offline by myself.

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro.

I then turned off my second monitor, and the game worked fine, full-screen and all. Ran perfectly and was able to launch from Gameranger.

So in my experience, something between 0330 & 0420 has changed and dual monitors cant be running while revolt is being played.

Posted: 13 Jan 2016, 00:24
Abc
Please try 0418 which is the first win8 fix version.
Something's wrong with your graphics probably, you also should run as administrator
Also try monitor compatibility setting (NVIDIA) multiple monitor, compatibility and single monitor.

Posted: 14 Jan 2016, 00:16
Huki
Serflex @ 12 Jan 2016, 06:20 AM wrote:I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro.

I then turned off my second monitor, and the game worked fine, full-screen and all. Ran perfectly and was able to launch from Gameranger.

So in my experience, something between 0330 & 0420 has changed and dual monitors cant be running while revolt is being played.
It's very likely that Windows 8 is the problem. The original game is not meant to work correctly with Win8: we added a fix after 0330 to solve the reduced frame rate, but it could have introduced other problems.
I recommend switching to RVGL, it should work great on newer Windows. And use RV House to play it online... you can find the latest version of RV House in the same page.
Adding "-window" to the exe worked, running 0420 in windowed mode no problem. However launching revolt from Gameranger in windowed mode isn't possible(?) so this only let me play offline by myself.
I'm planning on adding options for Windowed mode and EmulateFullScreen in the settings.ini file. That way, you'll be able to set it there and play in Gameranger.