Page 1 of 1
Posted: 06 Jan 2016, 20:03
Killer Wheels
Hi there !

Just to let you know, I'm currently working on a new exporter for 3ds max.

It already works for w/prm/ncp export with a bunch of features not available using ASE2RV tools.
I will probably release a first version very soon for those who are interested.

Still testing and adding features along the way for now. ^_^

Find more infos here : http://www.nawakiwi.com/revolt/

See ya !

Posted: 07 Jan 2016, 01:27
Abc
Nice and interesting, which versiona of 3ds it will be compatible? and what about compatibility with other 3D software?

Posted: 09 Jan 2016, 02:10
RichyDude
You had my curiosity… but now you have my attention.

Posted: 09 Jan 2016, 18:04
Killer Wheels
Hi !

I'm still working on it. I just discovered a new way to reduce geometry to quads so I'm gonna change a few things before releasing the first version.
Also currently adding texture animation ^_^

I don't know wich 3ds version will be compatible, but it should work from 3dsmax 7 to the latest one. Testing required here, as I don't have every 3ds versions :)

Posted: 20 Jan 2016, 17:03
Killer Wheels
Hi there !

I finally did some "refactoring" for the exporter and added a few features.
Texture animations do work great, and it's quite easy to obtain great results in no time !

I just made a small track in a few hours to show what can be achieved very easily !

It's named "Slippery Slope", I let you find out why.
Check it out here !

C&C welcome of course ;)

Enjoy !

I still need to add UI for a small function related to texture animations, but the exporter should be available very soon now :)

Posted: 21 Jan 2016, 23:25
Kipy
Good job, KW! :thumbs-up:
I have to ask, do you enable to add this track to RVR? (with your site's download link of course)

Posted: 22 Jan 2016, 06:05
Killer Wheels
Kipy @ 21 Jan 2016, 06:55 PM wrote: Good job, KW! :thumbs-up:
I have to ask, do you enable to add this track to RVR? (with your site's download link of course)
Yes of course, I'm glad you like it !
And thanks for keeping the link to my website, I do appreciate a lot ^_^

Posted: 23 Jan 2016, 14:43
Kipy
Added to RVR. Thank you, KW!

Posted: 30 Mar 2016, 23:36
Killer Wheels
Hi !

Back to the original subject of this topic: I finally had enough time to make the exporter available !

You may find it here : http://www.nawakiwi.com/3ds-max-to-re-volt-exporter/

I will translate the page in english very soon, sorry for non french-speaking users.

The exporter isn't fully polished yet, but since I don't have much time I decided to make it available so you may already try it !

There are also a few features I'm planning to add, but for now you should already be able to export anything from 3ds max to Re-Volt.

Some features like the texture animation export is fully working but may require a small tutorial. Don't hesitate to ask if you feel lost.

Also, I may be less reactive on the forum than on the website ^_^

edit : translation done ^_^

Posted: 06 Apr 2016, 22:25
Killer Wheels
Hi again !

New update for the exporter.
Check it out here : http://www.nawakiwi.com/3ds-max-to-re-volt-exporter/ (same link)

The page is available in both English and French.

I've added a few features and polished a bit further. Hope you like it !

Also, don't hesitate if you want me to make any tutorial about track creation, as I'm able to record video, it maybe easier for some of you if I go through the entire process of track creation...

I also need to fill the surface properties table on the website, if some of you know the associated skid sound effects used I think it could be useful.

Cya !

Posted: 02 May 2016, 20:43
Killer Wheels
Hi again.

Some of you may have encountered an error when trying to download the exporter, it should now be fixed.

I also made another small update of the exporter. Same page, same link :)

Posted: 17 Jan 2017, 03:53
Killer Wheels
I'm currently working on a demo track with Skitch2 using the 3ds to RV exporter.

You may see some wip here !

;)

Posted: 30 Jan 2017, 14:41
revolting
Thanks I've always been so interested in track creation and since the blender patch is not available for public I'll learn this one

Posted: 06 Feb 2017, 03:28
Killer Wheels
I hope you'll find it useful ! ^_^

The exporter just made it to its v1.13 !
There's a bunch of new features, check it out !

Also, I've started to write a more complete documentation :)

Stay tuned !