Page 1 of 1
Posted: 02 Jan 2016, 23:59
Huki
I've added support for changing the Brightness and Contrast once again. I initially thought it would be too hard to implement this in a cross-platform way, but I was wrong. So, these settings are finally back and should work just like before.

A couple of things to note:
  • the gamma correction is applied only for the primary monitor in case of a multi-monitor setup. So in such cases, don't use these settings (put them to 50%) and instead use your monitor controls. The RVGL settings are mainly intended for users with old monitors that don't have such controls.
  • the settings only work in fullscreen, there is no effect in windowed mode.
  • in the event that rvgl crashes, the desktop brightness / contrast is restored back correctly on Linux. I can't say about Windows as I haven't tried crashing rvgl on Windows.
  • use the -nogamma command line if you want to totally disable the gamma correction code.
Download the test build below (both Windows and Linux executables are included, so extract the appropriate one).
rvgl_gamma_test.7z

Posted: 04 Jan 2016, 19:48
Touriga
Million thanks for this one, it will certainly help not only those with older monitors but also those who don't have the patience to reset gamma / brightness / contrast on their Windows after exiting RVGL :-)