Page 1 of 1
Posted: 30 Dec 2015, 01:45
Santiii733
Phantom Comment:Link

[Santii found a few bugs on RVGL alpha 0827 while doing some tests. First, putting yourself as Spectator when a race is about to start and then suddenly going back to the race causes a strange bug with the weapons like shown in this vid]

Other Issue is the Next Track Select in race

[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]

Lobby Issue
And when you select a map R, M and RM

Posted: 01 Jan 2016, 23:58
Huki
Good job and very detailed reporting :thumbs-up:
I've fixed all of them.

Posted: 11 Jan 2016, 01:18
Santiii727
Thx for the fixes in Multi Huki :)
I found another problem in Multi but it is in Batte Tag
When I want to switch to the next map or when changing for 2 maps the map doesn't load and revolt It stays locked.
Just says please wait.
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
Another Bugs:
Time and Star Bug
[youtube][/youtube]
Rvgl Crashed at the end of this video

[youtube][/youtube]

Spec Bug to join (Recorded in Netbook)
[youtube][/youtube]
Rvgl Crashed at the end of this video

Posted: 13 Jan 2016, 23:27
Huki
@Santiii: Good work once again, you found some important bugs.
I fixed the battle tag crash and star bug. Also fixed the -64 display.

The join after spectating behavior is not a bug, it's a known limitation. If you were already in spectating mode before starting the track, then you can't join the current race - you'll have to wait for the next one. This will probably be improved in the future.

Posted: 20 Jan 2016, 02:03
Santiii727
New bug:
When the host enters in spectating mode or exits the game and the guest is left alone, the number of cameras in the guests' computer changes. Instead of having 4 available cameras like it should be, the guest can only choose between 3 cameras and sometimes between 2 cameras. When the host goes back into the game, the number of cameras goes back to normal. The same happens if the guest is the one who enters in spec mode.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Posted: 17 Mar 2016, 21:24
Santiii727
This happened during the race.
Strange lag with RVGL 0315

[youtube][/youtube]

Posted: 16 Jul 2016, 05:08
Santiii727
I have noticed a little more lag in version 16.0710 compared to version 16.0505.

Posted: 17 Jul 2016, 21:40
Cosmo_Kramer
Well,I have noticed more lag on rvgl compared to 1.2.
I am quite sure that 1.2 is more stable online for some uknown reason.
I just wanted to ask,is there any chance that this is going to be different one day?
Any chance of improving it?Maybe experiment something with the network code?
Or there is nothing that could be done about this problem...it is going to be as it is.
And i know that some lag should be present,it's an internet game,but Its been so common to not
zapp someone while being just 1m behind,that most of the players don't even mention this on end of the race

Posted: 18 Jul 2016, 00:13
Abc
It's all because of internet speeds.
it's eventually going to be unavoidable...
In 1.2 i was already unable to attack but got attacked quite often... unfair!

Posted: 18 Jul 2016, 15:34
Dolo
RVGL does not bring absolutely nothing new in the online game, like the 1.2.

Only 2-3 versions of the series 11 have 2-3 small interesting innovations, such as the late joining and the random positions ...

It would suffice to take the code from the beta, to delete some little bugs, add the late joining and random position. Everyone would be happy.
Who cares, we as online players, of all these optimizations, of these news features that have no positive impact on the online game ...

If you want to have fun you with versions that have no interest in online mode, no problem, but let us at least have fun with this game as was the case with the 1.1 version or the beta in the past!

It is not difficult to make a version exclusively for RVHouse because you have all the ingredients to do it...

Posted: 18 Jul 2016, 17:44
Huki
Cosmo_Kramer @ 17 Jul 2016, 09:40 PM wrote: Well,I have noticed more lag on rvgl compared to 1.2.
I am quite sure that 1.2 is more stable online for some uknown reason.
I just wanted to ask,is there any chance that this is going to be different one day?
Any chance of improving it?Maybe experiment something with the network code?
Or there is nothing that could be done about this problem...it is going to be as it is.
And i know that some lag should be present,it's an internet game,but Its been so common to not
zapp someone while being just 1m behind,that most of the players don't even mention this on end of the race
1.2 is definitely more stable online in some cases, and the reasons were already discussed before. Unfortunately, those posts get buried under new ones and eventually forgotten...

RVGL is client-server, 1.2 and all previous versions are peer-to-peer. The client-server model means all communications have to pass through the host - players do not communicate directly with each other. This is problematic when players are spread across distant locations (like different continents). It can drastically increase the ping between players.

To get RVGL online to be as stable as 1.2, I will need to implement P2P support. This is already planned as I mentioned in my todo list for RVGL (which is once again buried among other posts).

And a note about weapons: zaps and bombs work better on players behind you. It's very hard to affect players in front of you. The problem exists in all versions, but it is increased in client-server RVGL because of its higher ping.

Posted: 18 Jul 2016, 23:49
Abc
In that regard: it's recommended that people with high upload speeds host, since the server transmission is multiplied for each client.

dolo: you dont enjoy because you are not technical person. imo, people who try pre-release software carelessly are just idiots.
the game improvement task is actually very interesting
huki: is there a reason why old 1.2 versions break on a folder with latest 1.2 and rvgl? i have 11.0420 crashing

Posted: 19 Jul 2016, 18:22
nero
Huki, do you have any plans to re-add the option for the host to manage players (kick and force spectate)? It's one of the handful of 1.2 features that RVGL is missing.

Posted: 20 Jul 2016, 05:25
Abc
please fix spectators immunity in manage players and remove respawning when going spectator or perhaps add an option to enable-disable it.

Also maybe add a afk feature? track playlists? automatic next track? track voting? votekick?

Posted: 03 Sep 2017, 23:54
Santiii727
[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

When i want to change the car before entering the game, i have the one i had before and later lost connection.