Page 1 of 1
Posted: 08 Nov 2015, 17:33
Simon
Hi all, I am looking to get into level editing again. Before I have only done lego extreme tracks, but I would like to make a full custom track.

Is this possible in Blender?

I tried a few years using a cracked version of 3ds max i downloaded, but I would prefer to use blender as it is free.

Does anyone have any advice or experience of this and maybe a guide to set up the materials editor etc like in 3ds max?

with thanks,
-Simon

Posted: 08 Nov 2015, 17:48
urnemanden
You can definitely use Blender for it, Jigebren has a plug-in for importing and exporting Re-Volt file f ormats for Blender (it is not yet released). materials are pretty easy since Re-Volt doesnt really have that concept. AFAIK You just need to create apply a texture to your mesh or parts of your mesh. You can import a world file and see how it is done if you are curious.

Posted: 08 Nov 2015, 19:10
Simon
urnemanden @ 8 Nov 2015, 01:18 PM wrote: You can definitely use Blender for it, Jigebren has a plug-in for importing and exporting Re-Volt file f ormats for Blender (it is not yet released). materials are pretty easy since Re-Volt doesnt really have that concept. AFAIK You just need to create apply a texture to your mesh or parts of your mesh. You can import a world file and see how it is done if you are curious.
That sounds good, I have pm'ed Jigebren to ask if I can try out his add-on.