Page 1 of 1
Posted: 30 Apr 2006, 19:59
war_hamster
can you make tracks besides using track editor, cause I've been looking at other creations and they look like they are mpossible to make. I mean, on track editor, how do you make ramps or objects? I seriously don't think it is possible right now, so yeah...

Posted: 01 May 2006, 07:42
hilaire9
You can make tracks and models with 3D modeling programs like 3D Studio Max and Z-Modeler, and you can make tracks with Jimk's Kits ( Off-Road Kit, etc.), or you can arrange a collection of .prms in Instance mode to make tracks (that's what I do). Any .prms you find in the ingame tracks (found in the track's folder) can be added to a lego track. First you most learn most of the MAKEITGOOD modes and learn to use the rvGlue program.

Posted: 01 May 2006, 16:46
Manmountain
Hi and welcome to Our Revolt Pub, :)

There is a basic and an advanced way of creating tracks.

The basic is to create a Lego track then by the use of the 'MAKEITGOOD' name cheat edit modes, you add instances/models and objects.

Tha advanced way is to use a 3D modeling program such as 3D-Max, Milkshape 3D and ZModler.

Take a look at the following links, these should help you to customise a lego track in to a lego extreme, or instruct you to create an all instance/extreme track.

RV Extreme
The Re-Volt Workbench
RV-Glue Documentation
Tutorials Menu @ RVA

Posted: 02 May 2006, 04:24
war_hamster
I was looking at some websites about making tracks, and I saw some of them warning me about backing up my files. How do I back up files?

Posted: 02 May 2006, 06:08
war_hamster
hey, I created a track on track editor with one of
those four way things, okay? I tested it out, and
whenever I tried to turn that way, there is the
big red "X" at the top of the screen and then it
put me where the four way thing is. Why is that?

Posted: 02 May 2006, 07:34
Manmountain
The easiest way is to create a new folder within the car/track working folder, name it Backup, then simply drop your files in it before making any major changes.
To help increment this better, every time you want to make a backup, create a new folder within the Backup folder and name it either by process or time and date.

Incrimental backups are better when making a lot of major changes, it's good to have different stages so you can see where you may have gone wrong.

Posted: 02 May 2006, 07:42
Manmountain
The fourway piece 'Crossroad' in a basic Lego track only allows you to go striaght over/through it, you can not turn there.

But in slightly advanced editing you can turn there.
If you get to grips with the 'MAKEITGOOD' name cheat edit modes, then you can alter the direction of the racing line through the crossroad by changing the Track Zones and the AI & Pos nodes.

The RED X is just telling you that you are going the wrong way.

Posted: 03 May 2006, 05:32
war_hamster
wait, message deleted because found answer

Posted: 03 May 2006, 06:50
war_hamster
I also noticed that when I tried using the MAKEITGOOD cheat, I couldn't select my custom track, so is there anything I can do???

Posted: 03 May 2006, 21:53
Manmountain
If you select an edit mode and go straight to the race screen, you will only be able to select any of the stock tracks, and the race will be in Time Trial mode, which means there will only be you on the track, no AI, which is easier whilst editing.
So, to edit your track in this way, you need to first backup one of the stock tracks (usually Toys in the Hood 1) then remove that track from the levels folder then rename your tracks folder to that of the stock track (nhood1), you can then edit your track in time trial mode. You wont see your tracks name, but it will be there in the stock folder.

Otherwise, to edit your track in it's own folder.
When you have selected your edit mode, using the arrow keys, go back up to Single Race then proceed as normal.
You will be able to edit your track but you will be in normal race mode, which can cause the game to crash in AI and Pos node edit modes if you try and save before conecting all nodes correctly. This is because when the AI cars get to that point of editing, if there is an error in your node placement or connection the game crashes.

And because of problems such as this you are always recomended to BACKUP all your work at each major edit point.

Check out these links, and give them a good read, they should explain the basics of what you need to know.
RV Extreme
Tutorials Menu @ RVA

Posted: 16 May 2006, 03:36
war_hamster
are there any special programs or something to make extreme or even lego-extreme tracks for re-volt? :blink: I'm not that good with the MAKEITGOOD cheat. :huh: and if so, can you include a link to where said file can be found
(not direct download page)? that would be a great help if anyone can answer.

Posted: 16 May 2006, 05:22
Manmountain
The only program that can make a fully usable track without the MAKEITGOOD edit modes is the in built basic Lego Track Editor.

Although you can create whole tracks and add certain edit modes using 3D-Max you still need to finalize the track with the MAKEITGOOD edit modes. I think.

The edit modes are not too difficult to master or at least get a basic understanding of, it just takes a little practice and patience.

Posted: 16 May 2006, 05:52
darksabre
And developpers of the game have used the makeitgood cheat to create tracks!

Posted: 20 May 2006, 05:28
war_hamster
how do I get rid of those annoying blue walls???? :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Posted: 20 May 2006, 05:51
piN
RV Glue will do that. if I remember right its in the tut with the application.

Take care with glue and back up you track first, practice on a lego track that is not important.

HTH

Pin

Posted: 20 May 2006, 16:32
ADX
Yea you can do it with RVGLUE. Can get it here: PERROR
Here you have an example. With this code example (opened with rvglue via command prompt) you will change your blue walls by the mycooltracke.bmp 192x256 texture set.

Code: Select all

create mycooltrack
editor1.w (
wall_single (e:0,0:192x256)
)
editor.fin
The tutorials of use also in the web ;)

Posted: 20 May 2006, 21:34
GWC
And don't forget to keep your old .ncp file - or you will have invisible barriers in your track!

Posted: 20 May 2006, 21:40
war_hamster
on the install thing for the RVglue, it says to put the RVglue file into the command folder. Where is the Command folder? :blink:

Posted: 20 May 2006, 22:22
ADX
command folder?
nah, put it in your C:\Windows folder, followed by cygwin1.dll

Posted: 11 Jun 2006, 21:25
war_hamster
also, how do I make the AI better in the tracks?

Posted: 14 Jun 2006, 17:04
Manmountain
Patience, practice and skill, ;)

Otherwise, you could always ask someone to do it for you. :D