Page 1 of 1
Posted: 26 Sep 2015, 10:43
DaHanG
Split from "Console version cars and track" topic in Suggestions sub-forum.

Thank everyone for the info! It has been very useful. I found this error playing with my brothers (IT ONLY APPEARS IN 3 PLAYERS SPLIT-SCREEN). This error doesn't appear in 2 or 4 players mode.

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o70 ... tkrvph.png

Srry for the link... Im new in forums and i dont know how to use "IMG" button.

Help PLS!

Greetings from Argentina! =)

Posted: 27 Sep 2015, 02:21
Abc
Reinstall your re-volt, apply the proper patches, use forum-only patches, check your video drivers, updates, etc.

Posted: 28 Sep 2015, 04:50
DaHanG
Game:Reinstalled, clean without any kind of mod, cars, tracks...

Any kind of Updates: Not Necesary. (All up to date)

v1.2 Patch installed from: Re-Volt 1.2 Patch Download

System Specs:

Win7 Home Premium
RAM 2GB Kingston DDR3
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT440 1GB DDR5
Intel Dual Core 3.20 GHz

The error still occurs when you start Split Screen 3 players.

Posted: 28 Sep 2015, 15:56
Abc
Odd.
Vaid: split topic please (bug found).Thanks
Or DahanG: please post with complete info/report on the appropiate area, thanks for reporting. (There's some unofficial updates around here... (15.0330-15.0418: vsync, 0325 crashes topic) also reinstall from re-volt race (full 1207) then apply latest 1.2 zip/installer and then replace exe with latest-latest.)

ps: no blaming here but jig coded the splitscreen.

Posted: 28 Sep 2015, 17:51
VaiDuX461
Split the topic.

It seems there are some issues with 3 player splitting if you use other than auto screen split. I don't get the error message though. Mostly the 3rd player will get spectator screen instead, or random floating screen box of the same thing somewhere on your screen, kinda like F3 camera.
It's like 4th screen (which is spectator screen when you use auto screen split option) tries to override 3rd player screen.
Also happens in RVGL.

Posted: 29 Sep 2015, 03:11
DaHanG
Good evening/night everyone.

I tried in Auto mode Split-Screen and it worked :)

This error doesn't appear in RVGL... so I'm using it to play with my brothers but I don't like it because it have some graphic bugs u.u

It might be possible to be a renderer error... who knows ;)

Greetings from Argentina =)

Posted: 29 Sep 2015, 04:40
Abc
Looks like there's something wrong when one forces vertical or horizontal.
It might be problematic with 4 players too...

Posted: 29 Sep 2015, 04:50
DaHanG
Nope...

2 players Split-Screen: Works.
3 players Split-Screen: ERROR.
4 players Split-Screen: Works.

Posted: 29 Sep 2015, 05:09
DaHanG
I have been trying changing settings... In auto mode works. I switched it back to horizontal and got this...

Then, I restart the game and tried to play S-S 3 players and got error.

Posted: 29 Sep 2015, 05:18
Abc
try vertical?

Posted: 29 Sep 2015, 05:25
DaHanG
I got the same error... Only in 3 players Split-Screen both vertical and horizontal. 2 and 4 players works u.u

Posted: 29 Sep 2015, 13:45
Huki
Thanks for the report, I'm going to look into it.
DaHanG wrote:This error doesn't appear in RVGL... so I'm using it to play with my brothers but I don't like it because it have some graphic bugs u.u
Can you provide more details, perhaps some screenshots? Nvidia drivers are quite good in handling OpenGL, at least in my experience...

Posted: 01 Oct 2015, 03:26
DaHanG
Im at the doctor's now... i will upload screenshots later.

I wil tell you bugs that i remember:

Genghis Car = Graphic bug in wheels. (i see like a transparent cone. When you get closer the cone dissappears and the wheels turns back to normal).

Power Up (The blue thing that flips your car. I dont know the name): The black hole effect, or time distortion effect when you use it is glitchy and makes like a tearing.

Sometimes (almost never) the font of the game turns into white squares only in frontend (or menu). Ex: Start Race - [][][][][] [][][][].

Sorry for my bad english u.u

Greetings from Argentina =)

Posted: 01 Oct 2015, 04:45
Abc
Classic glitches. Probably your card is unable to handle 512x512 textures
run revolt -texinfo and paste it.
the transparent cone is because the wheels are actually a cone just black on the texture. (the engine uses 0 0 0 (pure black) for transparency/alpha blending)

it's flipper i think. that's a known glitch, it's know to distort the world.
about tearing, make sure you are using VSYNC and have no drops in FPS (meaning the card is powerful enough to handle it)

Are the latest drivers correctly installed?

for the graphical glitches, new thread (or not)

good luck.

Posted: 02 Oct 2015, 00:30
DaHanG
I dont mean to screen tearing, due to switching off VSync...

The distortion effect makes a tearing effect instead of the normal distortion effect...

[Vaid]: The weapon you are talking about is called Shockwave.

Posted: 02 Oct 2015, 18:30
DaHanG
Good morning.

I have been working so i cant play now, i promise screenshots later. Specifically the tearing effect of the Shockwave (thnx Vaid for the info) appears in Split-Screen mode. Its not an annoying graphic bug, but there is...

Abc... Every time i installed, or updated drivers, i made a "Clean Install" (Uninstall [Deleting current config.], Reboot, Install Driver, Reboot again, done) so i dont think that is a driver issue.

Greetings from Argentina.

Posted: 02 Oct 2015, 20:27
Abc
DaHanG @ 2 Oct 2015, 10:00 AM wrote: Good morning.

I have been working so i cant play now, i promise screenshots later. Specifically the tearing effect of the Shockwave (thnx Vaid for the info) appears in Split-Screen mode. Its not an annoying graphic bug, but there is...

Abc... Every time i installed, or updated drivers, i made a "Clean Install" (Uninstall [Deleting current config.], Reboot, Install Driver, Reboot again, done) so i dont think that is a driver issue.

Greetings from Argentina.
game issue possibly, try downloading 1207 from rvr then applying 1.2 installer/patch and then the latest exe.
does it happen on rvgl too? (the ghengis car issue which is possibly a texture issue)

EDIT: my bad, didnt realize you already reinstalled lol

Posted: 02 Oct 2015, 22:54
Phantom
Abc @ 2 Oct 2015, 11:57 AM wrote: game issue possibly, try downloading 1207 from rvr then applying 1.2 installer/patch and then the latest exe.
Don't need to do that.. again. Wait until Huki reports.

Posted: 03 Oct 2015, 03:05
DaHanG

Posted: 03 Oct 2015, 16:03
Abc
As i said: MipMap is Bad (texture modification/problem)

Posted: 06 Oct 2015, 20:59
DaHanG
Huki... where r u?? :unsure:

Any news?

[Vaid]: You haven't been here for that long if you are asking this.
Sure, he is maybe not as active as most of us, but he usually comes around when he releases a new patch. Not always though. If I remember, he was inactive for about 6 months once. Anyway, be patient.

Posted: 23 Oct 2015, 13:55
Huki
Confirmed the 3-player split-screen glitch. It occurs both in 1.2 and rvgl, but the error message is displayed only in 1.2. Should be fixed in the next release.