Page 1 of 1
Posted: 04 Sep 2015, 19:06
gel_lr34
I was thinking a couple days ago and came up with an idea for RVGL/RV1.2.

Would it be possible to add in a texture selection fuction while selecting your car? Maybe use the "<>" buttons to select it.

This fuction could operate from the models section of the car parameters.

Maybe something like this:

;)TPAGE2 "cars/nameofcar/nameofcar.bmp"
;)TPAGE3 "cars/nameofcar/nameofcar.bmp"
;)TPAGE4 "cars/nameofcar/nameofcar.bmp"

Each texure would have it's own line (maybe say, all the way up to 8 textures, as some cars have 8+)

This idea came to me, as, WeGo has done something like this, but maybe in a different manor. At any rate, I think it's a good feature, seeing as, now you have to input everything into the parameters.txt manually.

What do you guys think?

Posted: 05 Sep 2015, 01:17
Abc
Neat!
Skins for PC Re-Volt :D
maybe there should be more models or vertex per-texture/skin because just changing texture doesn't always make it look good.
but something i hate: using ;) is not really good because revolt still says unknown message even if the message is suppressed :wacko:
maybe pick skins with up/down in car selection :P

Posted: 05 Sep 2015, 02:45
Ciccio
Before doing this they have to fix the [cht] thing to put in stock cars parameters the TPAGE string, stock cars with [cht] are just ugly (yes, that's a problem of mine).

Posted: 05 Sep 2015, 04:56
Cat
Rather than having multiple TPAGE# lines, there could be a specified folder with all of the car's selectable skins inside. The game would scan the folder for every valid bitmap at startup or after pressing Alt-R.

Posted: 05 Sep 2015, 12:16
gel_lr34
That's a better one Cat. I like it :D That may do away with the TPAGE command line altogether in the parameters. (However, record would need to be held of the TPAGE line so that it's not forgotten)

Posted: 15 Sep 2015, 06:55
Cat
gel_lr34 @ 5 Sep 2015, 03:46 AM wrote:Record would need to be held of the TPAGE line so that it's not forgotten
The TPAGE line would still be there, but omitted if the bitmap folder line is present. Or maybe TPAGE could still serve to specify the default skin.

Code: Select all

;&#41;TPDIR  "cars&#092;amw&#092;skins"
TPAGE  "cars&#092;amw&#092;skins&#092;amw.bmp"

Posted: 15 Sep 2015, 10:52
Abc
Ciccio @ 4 Sep 2015, 06:15 PM wrote: Before doing this they have to fix the [cht] thing to put in stock cars parameters the TPAGE string, stock cars with [cht] are just ugly (yes, that's a problem of mine).
to make them not CHT you have to either 1) match the parameters.txt CRC with the one that is built in revolt.exe you're using 2) change the CRC in the revolt.exe (impossible because it requires source code and compiling it)

Posted: 18 Sep 2015, 20:43
gel_lr34
Hmmm Cat, I guess the TPAGE setting wouldn't be omitted... but it could tell RV which bitmap is the default bitmap for that car, and then selects the bitmaps in the folder from there.