Page 1 of 1
Posted: 19 Aug 2015, 17:25
sebr
[Vaid]: Split from "Announcing RVGL" topic. Thanks to Phantom for an idea to do this.

Another suggestion about custom tracks on multiplayer.
When the host choose a custom track, make rvgl ask all guest rvgl if this track is ready or not? And make it unselectable (grey) if 1 of the players don't have it ?

Posted: 19 Aug 2015, 23:23
Abc
+1
Links 2003 has this btw.
maybe have the server "host" the current track so the people who dont have it download it; make track selection read a status when that happens "Requesting/Downloading" and load the track without restarting the whole game

Posted: 20 Aug 2015, 03:10
Alphacraft
Abc @ 19 Aug 2015, 11:53 AM wrote: maybe have the server "host" the current track so the people who dont have it download it; make track selection read a status when that happens "Requesting/Downloading" and load the track without restarting the whole game
This. Xonotic among other games has this feature and it's fantastic because almost no one hosts default maps anyway in that game.

Posted: 20 Aug 2015, 05:51
Ciccio
Also, could be implemented real-time track sharing, so if someone doesn't have the track, the host automatically sends him the track folder and any eventual gfx before the race (could be the same for cars). On ARM we have a program that does this, but it's not automatic. We don't use it because we mainly race on stock tracks or we lose less time downloading the missing track from RVZ.

Posted: 20 Aug 2015, 08:01
Phantom
I suggest splitting the topic and sending it to Suggestions subforum starting from sebr's post. This is a good and nice opportunity to discuss how Custom tracks sharing would be implemented. As long as this new engine is capable of it, I suppose we all always want real-time sharing for custom tracks.

All that has been said so far sounds excellent.

[Vaid]: Split the topic.

Posted: 20 Aug 2015, 08:08
Abc
It has been "presumably" capable since forever (they can code it)

ps: ARM's program you say is obsolete and full of bugs.

Posted: 27 Aug 2015, 21:35
Kipy
Dunno who played with the game Crashday here, but that game has a good track sharing system:
If host select an unknown track, the game ask the players that they want to download that from the host's game folder. If everyone downloaded the tracks from there the game can start.

Posted: 28 Aug 2015, 02:47
mmudshark
I may be wrong but I think RST made something like that for Re-volt years ago.
My memory isn't what it used to be so someone needs to confirm this one way or the other. :lol:

Posted: 28 Aug 2015, 04:14
Abc
mmudshark @ 27 Aug 2015, 06:17 PM wrote: I may be wrong but I think RST made something like that for Re-volt years ago.
My memory isn't what it used to be so someone needs to confirm this one way or the other. :lol:
Only full revolt thing RST made is phoenix r3 along with installer and custom support, doubt if it had track sharing.
kayfalcon/KDL might know about PR3 features.