Page 1 of 1
Posted: 11 Aug 2015, 03:14
gel_lr34
Ok, I've tried asking at RVL, and it seems that the new guys (or people I perceive as new) don't seem to care about anything other than their own work. (yeah, i'm mildly ticked about it)

Anyways, my question is this:

I'm working on a new track, and trying to get things set up for Reverse mode. I've done pos nodes, AI nodes, and Track Zones In normal mode (as you cannot save in Reverse mode)

Anyway, when I start in reverse the game crashes.
I've gone in and looked at all three items in reverse mode, the AI nodes are weird, as they're all in 1 location. Then the other 2 items... are non-existant... No idea why.

Can anyone help?

Posted: 11 Aug 2015, 03:48
Ciccio
Well, the problem could be corrupted reverse files. Try to delete them, enter the track in reverse in edit ainode mode, press T, then press R and save with ctrl+f4. If you can't save in edit mod (you should be able to do it but who knows...) try to back up normal ainodes, reverse them and put the reverse ainodes file into a reverse folder in the track folder. Then redo the trackzones and the pos nodes. Remember that with opened ai nodes (the ai node track doesn't form a loop), when the ai cars reach the final valid node the game will crash (so you should always modify ai nodes in edit mode and not in single player).

Posted: 11 Aug 2015, 04:23
sebr
Ciccio @ 10 Aug 2015, 11:18 PM wrote: Well, the problem could be corrupted reverse files. Try to delete them, enter the track in reverse in edit ainode mode, press T, then press R and save with ctrl+f4. If you can't save in edit mod (you should be able to do it but who knows...) try to back up normal ainodes, reverse them and put the reverse ainodes file into a reverse folder in the track folder. Then redo the trackzones and the pos nodes. Remember that with opened ai nodes (the ai node track doesn't form a loop), when the ai cars reach the final valid node the game will crash (so you should always modify ai nodes in edit mode and not in single player).
you can do the same on practis mode, no ai cars = no crash, but you shouldn't reach the final valid node with your car too

and this way no unknown edit mode bug :P

note : you don't need to reverse track zones (not always)

note2 : when i made some reverse patch for custom track
1) use MAKEITGOOD in practis mode
2) copy normal TAZ, CAM, FAN, FIN, PAN, and TRI in reversed folder
3) add all reversed entry in <track>.inf
4) do reversed pose-nodes
5) if needed check again <track>.inf
6) do reversed ai-nodes
7) if needed modify track zones, instances and objects ...

Posted: 11 Aug 2015, 04:30
nero
gel_lr34 @ 10 Aug 2015, 09:44 PM wrote: it seems that the new guys don't seem to care about anything other than their own work.
Assumption.

Did it not occur to you that we might not know the answer to your problem?

Posted: 11 Aug 2015, 13:32
gel_lr34
Nero, I'd say you've been around long enough to know the answers to some questions. But, luckily i'm not talking about you. All I was saying by that statement was that, It just seems that some people desire a lot of attention.

I'm allowed to get ticked off at things. You certainly do, that I've noticed over the years. And way more often than I. So, I reserve my right to rant.

BTW, Thanks for the help guys.

Posted: 12 Aug 2015, 13:17
Skitch2
Hey dude.
The crash is usually caused by the lil zip file created with the track zones mate. had this many times when creating a reverse mode. delete it and re do the zones :)

Posted: 12 Aug 2015, 14:16
gel_lr34
Thanks skitch. It was actually the very first AI node believe it or not. Such a little thing to cause an immediate crash.

Anyway, maybe you and I should work on a co-op sort of thing sometime? (come up with a theme, and all that jazz) I've been thinkin' about that recently.

I just wasn't sure if you were still hangin' around.