Posted: 16 Jun 2015, 11:17
doll265
I have 1.2 Sugesstions!

==============
Cars
==============
1.Add this function!(in Parameters)

CPUSelectableinchamp TRUE(or FALSE)
->CPU can select this car in Championship.

==============
Language
==============
1. Add korean language!

2.Players can edit the Language file!
If player edit Laungage file(English.txt etc..),
The error appeard."Langauge file corupted!)
Please delete this error.

Thanks!

Posted: 16 Jun 2015, 14:42
MightyCucumber
doll265 @ 16 Jun 2015, 06:47 AM wrote: I have 1.2 Sugesstions!

==============
Cars
==============
1.Add this function!(in Parameters)

CPUSelectableinchamp TRUE(or FALSE)
->CPU can select this car in Championship.

==============
Language
==============
1. Add korean language!

2.Players can edit the Language file!
Please delete this error.

Thanks!
I strongly support this first idea, and have been wanting it since before 1.2. was even a thing. :) It would also be awesome if we could have the option to make a "personal" championship, or a championship editor, among the tracks in our collection (thinking of the really good ones like Venice, Jailhouse, Quake, Felling Yard, Hull Breach, etc...).

As for the second suggestion, this might come in useful actually - if more Korean players can play Revolt in its original form, we'd have an influx of korean based users who:

1) might add new content to our community (it's always nice to welcome new blood in the community);

2) have less people playing that Wego crap, in favor of our much superior version.

Posted: 16 Jun 2015, 16:38
doll265
Thanks Mighty!(to support ideas)

Posted: 17 Jun 2015, 03:45
nevermind
If you take a look to RV files, you may guess that Latin alphabet is the only one supported by the game so far. Adding Korean language would need to make the game able to manage a new set of symbols (Hangul), adding font files for them to be shown, and writing the strings file. The first task might be pretty hard to do, but the idea is worth enough for the developers to consider it.
That might happen because you need to save the .txt file in a not-supported-by-RV format (Korean symbols are not in ASCII, and I guess RV is only able to read ASCII string files). Or maybe because you have not written enough lines. Anyway, you have to wait until RV handles non-Latin characters in order to get any results.

Posted: 17 Jun 2015, 14:19
Kenny
MightyCucumber @ 16 Jun 2015, 10:12 AM wrote: 1) might add new content to our community (it's always nice to welcome new blood in the community);
You seem to forget the fact that most of them would probably not be able to interact with the community because they can't speak english (otherwise they wouldn't need the translation to play the game), or alternatively we'd get more and more posts translated by google (and we all know how well that works).
Sure, new custom creations would be nice but again, that would require them to know the procedure to create it and pretty much all that information is only available in english (or some other non-eastern language).
nevermind wrote:Adding Korean language would need to make the game able to manage a new set of symbols (Hangul), adding font files for them to be shown, and writing the strings file. The first task might be pretty hard to do, but the idea is worth enough for the developers to consider it.
I guess we could salvage the font files from the Xbox source (though I'm not even sure if they included Korean characters), converting the source to support UTF-8 encoding (which I'd recommend for the sake of the Linux version) is certainly doable but will take some time and effort to do properly.

But either way, the fact that the developers (most likely) don't know the requested language at all is the biggest problem here.
Because how else would you know that what you're doing is correct or what needs to be taken into consideration when including support for these languages? (specifically regarding the mapping of the font files, the switch to Unicode should be moreless independent of that)

It would be best to have somebody taken care of this who knows the requested language but also has the time, the patience and the required programming knowledge to do this.
But even if there is a such person, the fact that the source is (still) only available to two people makes it very unlikely for this to happen anytime soon.

Posted: 21 Jun 2015, 05:36
Abc
hmm, utf-8 compatibility could be useful but it's going to be a programming hell (?)

Nope, Now community is filled with noobs, maybe it's just me but most of us are probably annoyed of them. plus because of wgi we are "suffering" a korean noob wave <_<

Either completely embed the strings or remove their restriction could be the best thing to do about it.

[HIDE]
"Platform" clone is back, sort of. *facedesk* :wacko: [/HIDE]