Page 1 of 1
Posted: 07 May 2015, 20:38
Matsilagi
I liked Huki's idea of a new topic so, let's go

ReShade is a shader wrapper similar to ENB but with the objective of be universal (multiple rendering support, DX8-11 and OGL), made only for Windows.

However, thats not why i created this topic, im here to see if me + the DEVs can fix the issues with Re-Volt GL's depth buffer.

Every effect that uses it (Depth of Field, Ambient Occlusion, etc) works only at certain conditions, those beign:

-The car respawns (when the screen starts darkening, the effects work)
-In the main menu (They work fine on it)
-In the pause menu (doesnt matter which track or mode, they will work correctly only on the pause screen)
After testing with the Depth Buffer output, i noticed that during unknown conditions, it may return a full-black screen (meaning that everything gets depth) or it displays correctly (3D objects are black, meaning they have depth, skyboxes are white, meaning they got no depth)

You (devs) can grab reshade here: Download

No need to worry about Framerate issues, it is heavy just like ENB, but its great enough to be used for debugging only.

Posted: 08 May 2015, 10:31
Abc
Mirrors, sky and fog (which is sky) is not solid.

All effects work properly, although some do conflict or require additional stuff.

great find! sadly it doesn't work with directdraw? and older dx, it doesn't work with DWM either :( (would be cool, desktop mod top kek)

ps: for some reason some effects appear black unless I have the No Pause label displayed O.o

Posted: 19 May 2015, 21:04
OdieHerpaderp
Oh neato, now that RVGL is around, we can finally get to play with reshade. I had already intended on setting up and maintaining a reshade preset or two, but it's always nice to see others had the same idea in mind :D

Apart from the problems already mentioned by matsilagi, there's a few other issues i'd like to share:

- When using SSGI ( from the McFx suite), the screen will go mostly black. This also seems to happen with some other titles, so feel free to take this one with a grain of salt.

- Depthbuffer-based effects will (incorrectly) apply their effects to the reflections on reflective surfaces ( ie. the floor in botanical garden).

i only have had half an hour of funtime with RVGL yet, so i'll be sure to try and uncover more goodies.

EDIT: Weirdly enough, the Cel shader ( which uses the depthbuffer) works "fine" (reflections are wrongly outlined).

Posted: 28 Aug 2015, 04:17
Abc
Using depth doesn't really work because the only depth is between sky and track and slightly cars. nothing else. (2D-ish/dog vision)
Also for some reason under certain window sizes blur and hdr happen to have black boundaries or totally black (for some strange reason having No Pause enabled causes the render to show up as expected when with no pause disabled (default) it's more prone to glitches)

my two cents :) loving reshade