Page 1 of 1
Posted: 20 Apr 2006, 11:23
APM
As you may know, I have temporarilly lost access to Re-Volt, but I still want to contribute to the community fast. I see my rank here is going up, so can someone test out my new track for me? Please don't change anything. Tell me how you like it, what I should add to the flow, the colors, the Readme, whatever! Oh, and you can help me make a reverse, I'm having some trouble. Thanks.
Here's a link to a page with a link: http://www.freewebs.com/all_ideas__starter_site/
Thanks again. APM :D

Posted: 21 Apr 2006, 05:37
Manmountain
Hi,
I like the theme of your track, very simple but challenging.
I would suggest that you create it double sized, mainly for the tight corners, reduce the length of the straights to try and keep the same track length overall.

Can I direct you to the point that you could find a COPY of ReVolt anywhere. ;) ;)

Also, just a few pointers for your WEB site, animated backgrounds and pointers and the use of music can slow up browsing, so use sparingly.
If you want to tell us about you then tell us about you and not your schools, tell us your likes/dislikes, your hopes, your dreams, your goals in life and your ideal general way of life. Things like that, but nothing too personal. :o

Posted: 21 Apr 2006, 08:13
APM
Thank you, Manmountain. I've just made my latest update (it's 7:43). My brother can play Re-Volt without the disk or Gamespy or anything, so I had him download it. His computer is soooo slow, though. Not to mention that the Revolt folder was in Program Files rather than Acclaim Entertainment, so I got stuck. My brother tested the original, though. I've added some rumble strips, fixed the corners where it said "Re-Volt", and added gray fog to conceal unwanted items. Did you try the Reverse? If you didn't, you just go onto another track, select reverse by doing the down arrow or pressing down on the controller pad/joystick. Then select Volt Bolt. It didn't work out, and I don't know if I did anything useful for it in the update. Check it out! I'll add a counter to count up how many people try my track. Wow! My website could be like RVZT, except not as good! Still, I'll keep my site lower than RVZT, because RVZT is the best! I'll try to make the corners into 4x4 curves, so I'd actually have to make the straights LONGER, maybe I'll put the pick-ups on them.
APM
P.S. Also E-mail me at alexpms2006@hotmail.com.

Posted: 21 Apr 2006, 08:43
APM
Thanks sooo much, Manmountain! I can play Re-Volt without out a disk- but, wait. I couldn't use the music last time, for some reason, so is it fixed? I hope so! I'll keep my track on my website until I'm certain that everything is finished. About the corners, I can't make them bigger, the shape gets distorted. I can put the pick-ups in differrent places, though, if you think it would be better. I'll certainly mention you in the Readme. I know I can't have a star, here, it wouldn't have a good place to be placed. Maybe another track. I may still need some help on the reverse track. Other than that, Volt Bolt is good to go!
APM

Posted: 22 Apr 2006, 05:33
APM
Since I re-installed Re-Volt, I couldn't move the Volt Bolt tdf file to the new one. (Re-Volt was installed under Acclaim rather than Acclaim Entertainment.) I had to re-make the track shape, so you might notice that if you download the version I will soon release. I want everything perfect before I send anything to the professionals (RVZT).

Posted: 25 Apr 2006, 07:13
APM
Nobody has to test out my track anymore, but I moved the link to my new website.
If you're still interested, you can click here to access it. Thanks for your help and comments.
APM
P.S. I've just submitted Volt Bolt and a new track named Chaos Dip to RVZT. If you're interested, you can also go there.