Page 1 of 1
Posted: 07 Apr 2015, 05:08
RevoltNoob
I would like to know if there`s something wrong to play games (with community players) with tunngle. I`ve seen theres a tool called RV House that makes a server to play revolt games.
Wouldnt be better play with tunngle?
I suggest this because I play revolt by LAN normally with my friends :huh:
So I mind if we could make a server that allows all to play together easier

Posted: 07 Apr 2015, 08:37
Abc
GameRanger is our preferred tunngle-like app, its easier, tunngle is worse, its like lobby bs -.-
You can also use Hamachi for exactly that.

RVHouse is worse, works classic way, need ports and it haves a very buggy p2p library.

you shouldn't have posted before reading more about us.

nevermind noob.

[HIDE=Offtopic]
jaerno, mejor pedi q te renombren q se confunde mucho jaja[/HIDE]

Posted: 07 Apr 2015, 11:53
Phantom
Abc @ 7 Apr 2015, 12:07 AM wrote: you shouldn't have posted before reading more about us.

nevermind noob.

God forgive him..

Posted: 07 Apr 2015, 16:20
VaiDuX461
A lot of players are using Gameranger already. RVHouse is becoming less and less active. Personally, I still prefer using RVH.
I don't think it would be a good idea to separate multiplayer community to 3 or more parts.

[HIDE=@Abc:] Could you please be less harsh towards new forum members? As I'm sick of this attitude already, I promise you a higher warn level next time.[/HIDE]
Moved topic to "Online Racing" section. Had nothing to do with v1.2 patch suggestions.

Posted: 07 Apr 2015, 18:45
Abc
:blink: :wacko: :(

and in the past there was GameSpy Arcade and MSN Zone.

Well... at least there's wise words -.-

Posted: 07 Apr 2015, 18:56
nero
Abc @ 7 Apr 2015, 03:07 AM wrote: nevermind noob.
These are not wise words.

Anyway, as Abc pointed out, there are plenty of alternatives to Tunngle. However, RV House, despite the amount of hassle it is to configure, is the best one, simply because you can add command-line options.

Posted: 07 Apr 2015, 22:08
Gotolei
nero @ 7 Apr 2015, 06:26 AM wrote:RV House, despite the amount of hassle it is to configure, is the best one, simply because you can add command-line options.
Adding on to this - it's actually written for this specific game (and the creator/maintainer pops into these forums every once in a while), instead of being the one-size-fits-all "we shove ads in your face until you give us money" dealie that GameRanger/Tunngle appear to be.

Posted: 07 Apr 2015, 22:18
RevoltNoob
I Have downloaded GameRanger and it likes me way more than tunngle.
you shouldn't have posted before reading more about us
Im reading posts, but I cant all :(
This post is actually opened because I`ve seen that community is spread.
A lot of players are using Gameranger already
So why dont this communty set up GameRanger as main resource?

Posted: 08 Apr 2015, 04:50
Abc
RevoltNoob @ 7 Apr 2015, 01:48 PM wrote:
A lot of players are using Gameranger already
So why dont this communty set up GameRanger as main resource?
Didn't we just mention that most use RVHouse? (it been used for a longer time)

Posted: 11 Apr 2015, 00:22
arto
Gotolei @ 7 Apr 2015, 05:38 PM wrote:
nero @ 7 Apr 2015, 06:26 AM wrote:RV House, despite the amount of hassle it is to configure, is the best one, simply because you can add command-line options.
Adding on to this - it's actually written for this specific game (and the creator/maintainer pops into these forums every once in a while), instead of being the one-size-fits-all "we shove ads in your face until you give us money" dealie that GameRanger/Tunngle appear to be.
I would like to add here one more point. And this is the reason why I created RV House in the first place:

All of RV House's code is open source. It will not go anywhere like these other proprietary lobbies that just dropped RV when convenient or when they were shutdown (MS Zone, GameSpy, maybe more). It will be around supporting Re-Volt as long as there are people interested in Re-Volt.

So it's in this community's control.

Posted: 11 Apr 2015, 00:28
Kipy
arto @ 10 Apr 2015, 07:52 PM wrote:
Gotolei @ 7 Apr 2015, 05:38 PM wrote:
I would like to add here one more point. And this is the reason why I created RV House in the first place:

All of RV House's code is open source. It will not go anywhere like these other proprietary lobbies that just dropped RV when convenient or when they were shutdown (MS Zone, GameSpy, maybe more). It will be around supporting Re-Volt as long as there are people interested in Re-Volt.

So it's in this community's control.
I am for RVH still, if it won't work, I won't use other program.

Posted: 11 Apr 2015, 00:37
mmudshark
RVHouse is still the best for playing Re-volt. GameRanger is good for people who are unable to forward ports for one reason or another and is a nice option.