Page 1 of 1
Posted: 17 Mar 2015, 02:41
Mace121
Download here
The reason why it's on DeviantArt, because the uploading to Revolt Zone is a bitch.
Created using it's Track Editor, Photoshop, and the MAKEITGOOD mode; this track contained sharp turns in the middle, and smooth turns at the edges. Pretty much like a reverse homemade-chocolate-chip cookie

Posted: 17 Mar 2015, 03:04
nero
First of all, you zipped up the archive incorrectly. Download any track from Re-Volt Zone, and follow the structure of that. The only thing that needs to be in the archive is the "gfx" folder which will contain the picture that will display in the track selection screen, and the "levels" folder. You put the track folder within the "levels" folder.

Anything you upload must be one track, not two. So either keep "USER_pihpnfmm" or "Snowstorm". Also, the "gfx" and "levels" folder is the first thing you need to see when you open the archive, not "sstorm".

Last but not least, remove the mp3 files. At 26 MBs, it is far too big for you to be able to upload it to RVZ. The limit is around 10 MB, so if you get rid of one of the tracks as I've said earlier, you might be able to keep one of the mp3s.

The track itself has a pretty nice flow, and there are only two tricky corners. I also liked the deja vu feeling I had when I did my first lap. However, the track itself looks pretty bland, but that's obviously because of the limitations of the Track Editor.

As a first attempt, it's alright. I recommend not using double-sized tracks, as the AI is just dreadful on those. Stick to single sized tracks and have a look at good flowing Lego tracks from Dave-o-rama, as they are top notch and are a good way of learning how to craft a good raceline. Experiment more with Makeitgood, just don't go overboard with the objects. Keep it up.