Page 1 of 1
Posted: 12 Mar 2015, 05:36
Cat
There are many things I'd want to do for RV so it's about time I make a comeback, with or without my Toshiba.

Is it possible to make RV run through DirectDraw only? Because many games on my netbook work and/or look better when using DD software rendering instead of D3D hardware acceleration.

I've tried -rgb & -mmx but those command lines trigger a DDERR_INVALIDPARAMS "Can't create draw surfaces!" error mesage.

Posted: 12 Mar 2015, 05:52
Alphacraft
Not possible, I'm afraid. Re-Volt has no software rendering mode whatsoever unlike other games of the time like UT99.

I thought DirectDraw had horrible performance on a GMA 3600 as well as D3D. I tried playing the original freeware Cave Story on my netbook, and it was unplayable with DirectDraw 5 but ran flawlessly on an SDL-based engine port. There's really nothing you can do, and I've learn to let it go and pledge my allegiance to AMD, lol :lol:

Posted: 12 Mar 2015, 06:41
jigebren
On XP I can disable/enable Direct3D with the help of dxdiag. As far as Re-Volt is concerned it still works and doesn't seem to change much (to a point I'm not even sure it has any effect).

I assume you're under Windows 7, right? Have you tried similar actions as exposed eg. here? There's two solutions that pretend to disable hardware acceleration on Win7.
I've tried -rgb & -mmx but those command lines trigger a DDERR_INVALIDPARAMS "Can't create draw surfaces!" error mesage.
If -rgb doesn't work, I'm afraid there's not much we can do, even from a v1.2 point of view.

Have you tried windowed mode? What message (if any) do you get then?

Posted: 12 Mar 2015, 19:28
Abc
Are you using 1.2 or 1.0? that may be the issue?